C
Cougarfan87Fido wrote:a1247 wrote:
If KM came in and installed the TripleO Tanner would have no choice but to transfer. The second he announced he was leaving the fans would turn on coach KN. If he really truly wants to run the TripleO I just don't see why Holmoe would hire him.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
But don't we have another true freshman on our roster who would be perfect fort the option (Beau Hodge?) I'm not saying that I want that to happen, I'm just saying that there are some things in place if it did happen.
Also Mangum could probably declare for the draft this year and be taken in a later round by a team willign to develop him (Green Bay).
If you dump (essentially) Mangum to do an option with Hoge, BYU would have a hard time ever landing another passing QB or quality WR/TE.
That's the real problem and why I ultimately concluded Ken could only come on condition of not running the option. You essentially limit the offensive talent you will get, which with our schedule, would be slow program suicide. We don't have the defense in an independent schedule to have a lack luster offense. Likewise, we don't have such a far and away better offense that we can be lazy on defense. Cougar success needs strengths in both units. As long as we can pull in a Mangum or a Hill every few years, BYU will continue to be relevant offensively...assuming a good OC like Anae. As long as we have a good, defensive minded head coach coupled with Anae or similar OC, BYU will continue to have good years like this year.

