Archived Topic

BYuCONN Live Game Thread

by Cougarbib · 8/29/2014

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
No penalty? What's up with that?
A
a1247
Ok Anae hurry up and run three plays in 30 seconds and punt the ball
F
frdbtr
Was that actually time for Taysom Hill to throw I just saw? wow!
F
frdbtr
a1247 wrote:
Ok Anae hurry up and run three plays in 30 seconds and punt the ball


I'll take the 1st down on every throw we are getting instead.
F
frdbtr
it wouldn't be a BYU football game over the last couple of years without Taysom running through the entire defense for a TD.
Advertisement
A
a1247
They mark it look so easy and so hard all at once. Why did they not play like this the entire half? Why wait until the end of the fourth to put the foot down on the peddle?
F
frdbtr
BYU's return coverage is horrible again in this game. Really need to get this fixed.
F
frdbtr
I smell a pick 6 coming.
F
frdbtr
Wrubel just reported Taysom's PER was 177. I think this is about as good of a game from an "athlete" qb that you can get, 300 passing just under 100 rushing. If he can put up 300 yards and between 50-100 yards rushing every game, BYU will be hard to beat. This team has a lot of work to do, especially on special teams and penalties. We played without 6 starters including both our starting DB's, the backups played well, I was impressed with preator and Davis, both are good players. Povey needs to be benched, I don't care who plays, he needs to stay off the field. 35 pts with our starting RB sitting at home. Lets see if BYU can get this cleaned up and put a better product on the field next week against Texas.
M
Matty-B
frdbtr wrote:
BYU's return coverage is horrible again in this game. Really need to get this fixed.



Is our kicker even capable of kicking the ball into the end zone?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I smell a win. They covered the spread. They scored more points than most fans expected. They held UCONN at least as well as most fans expected. Excellent red zone defense. A dropped Algie Brown pass followed by his fumble, a missed field goal, and a defensive roughing QB call nullify in an interception kept this from being a blowout in spite of very poor special teams play. Step away from the ledge. This team will not go undefeated, most likely, but they are going to win some games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Solid win. Lots of stuff to improve, but it's been awhile since we've had a resounding opener like this. Putting up 35 on the road in an opener is huge. Taysom's 300+ yards and high percentage (78%!), also huge.



TAKE IT TO AUSTIN, BABY!!!!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Matty-B wrote:
BYU's return coverage is horrible again in this game. Really need to get this fixed.



Is our kicker even capable of kicking the ball into the end zone?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It doesn't appear that he is.
F
frdbtr
Cougarbib wrote:
I smell a win. They covered the spread. They scored more points than most fans expected. They held UCONN at least as well as most fans expected. Excellent red zone defense. A dropped Algie Brown pass followed by his fumble, a missed field goal, and a defensive roughing QB call nullify in an interception kept this from being a blowout in spite of very poor special teams play. Step away from the ledge. This team will not go undefeated, most likely, but they are going to win some games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't see anyone on a ledge. Just frustration from the penalties. Like I said above, this is a good way to start the season, lots of things to fix, should keep the team working hard for next week. We get our suspended starters back for next week and that is going to improve our offense and our defense.
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
Wrubel just reported Taysom's PER was 177. I think this is about as good of a game from an "athlete" qb that you can get, 300 passing just under 100 rushing. If he can put up 300 yards and between 50-100 yards rushing every game, BYU will be hard to beat. This team has a lot of work to do, especially on special teams and penalties. We played without 6 starters including both our starting DB's, the backups played well, I was impressed with preator and Davis, both are good players. Povey needs to be benched, I don't care who plays, he needs to stay off the field. 35 pts with our starting RB sitting at home. Lets see if BYU can get this cleaned up and put a better product on the field next week against Texas.


I would suggest that you look at Povey's stats and count how many times he was in the backfield, sack/hurry, tackles, run support.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
bamf3000 wrote:
Going to be a LONG LONG season if this is any indication of how we are going to play


Ford. This is an example of a little too close to the edge of the ledge.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Cougarbib wrote:
Wrubel just reported Taysom's PER was 177. I think this is about as good of a game from an "athlete" qb that you can get, 300 passing just under 100 rushing. If he can put up 300 yards and between 50-100 yards rushing every game, BYU will be hard to beat. This team has a lot of work to do, especially on special teams and penalties. We played without 6 starters including both our starting DB's, the backups played well, I was impressed with preator and Davis, both are good players. Povey needs to be benched, I don't care who plays, he needs to stay off the field. 35 pts with our starting RB sitting at home. Lets see if BYU can get this cleaned up and put a better product on the field next week against Texas.


I would suggest that you look at Povey's stats and count how many times he was in the backfield, sack/hurry, tackles, run support.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


He can't cover. Couldn't last year either but his play was a necessity last year.
F
frdbtr
Cougarbib wrote:
Going to be a LONG LONG season if this is any indication of how we are going to play


Ford. This is an example of a little too close to the edge of the ledge.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Like I said, frustration from the penalties and laksidasical play in the second half. I didn't see anyone on a ledge. Plus what he said is true, if we play like this next week with the penalties, we get worked by Texas.
C
Cougarbib
Fido wrote:
Man, we miss having Williams in there.


Running yes. The backups looked better catching passes. Maybe JW will look better now that the throws from Tyson are sharper.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
bamf3000 wrote:
Going to be a LONG LONG season if this is any indication of how we are going to play


Ford. This is an example of a little too close to the edge of the ledge.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Like I said, frustration from the penalties and laksidasical play in the second half. I didn't see anyone on a ledge. Plus what he said is true, if we play like this next week with the penalties, we get worked by Texas.


He did not just say Texas. He said long, long season. Texas will kill us if we play like this. We might lose 3 or 4 if we play like this. Might not, too. I agree that we were sloppy. And explosive. And stingy.



The offense and the defense are going to be alright. Special Teams is going to cost us a game or two or three.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 4 of 5
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.