Archived Topic

Mika Eye Injury Update

by byucougar1 · 11/21/2013

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
A tweet from Spencer Linton:



"Hearing Eric Mika's eye injury involves scratched cornea(s). Eyes and surrounding area swelling up pretty badly. Lots of red & purple."
G
Gunk
byucougar1 wrote:
A tweet from Spencer Linton:



"Hearing Eric Mika's eye injury involves scratched cornea(s). Eyes and surrounding area swelling up pretty badly. Lots of red & purple."

So messed up. Someone needs to do a screen capture of that so it can be spread across the Internet. Classless Iowa State
G
Gunk
Twitter handle for ISU basketball is @CycloneMBB. Let 'em have it.



If you don't have a Twitter account, now's a good time to start one.
F
frdbtr
This is bad news. He will be out for the Texas game and maybe more. Very bad news.
D
drewthehoop
Here is a picture of the foul.
Advertisement
B
BOID
After seeing that still shot, I feel angry enough to want that creep to be made to feel the same kind of injurious pain and anxiety about missed games. He should be declared ineligible for the entire season, perhaps even for life. He should also become a defendant in court for assault and battery. If there are significant demonstrable damages, then Mika should consider a civil suit as well. As for the NCAA, I doubt they will have the courage to throw this thug out for more than his already incurred ejection.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
He didn't go for the ball at all, he aimed for the eyballs. This was beyond flagrant, this was intent to injure. The guy should get a suspension for this but probably won't.
C
Cougs_Rule
Who would have contact suggestions for both the NCAA and ISU. Lets not just pout lets contact people.

With the flip off thing as well, hoiburg needs to be disciplined as well



What's the chance this was retaliation for the non- elbow flop by the one player? I think it was a different one than the one committing the foul.



Scratched cornea is very painful. Ever had a flash welder burn? I've had both. Excruciating. Good news is the eye is fairly quick to heal. But I imagine he may miss Tx game.
C
Cougs_Rule
Somebody who tweets, tweet Mark Dufus Durantt and tell him his color commentary is bogus. You can hear him on one of the ksl you tube clips, after he would have seen several replays, say Kane shouldn't have been ejected. And it wasn't intentional. Good one Mark.
S
SpiffCoug
Scratched cornea is VERY serious. He could miss significant amounts of time.



What a thug.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
If Mika can't go do we lose the next 3 games without him? We have no more post presence that can score inside. Mika might be out at least 2 weeks if not longer
B
bigbluepuma
BOID wrote:
After seeing that still shot, I feel angry enough to want that creep to be made to feel the same kind of injurious pain and anxiety about missed games. He should be declared ineligible for the entire season, perhaps even for life. He should also become a defendant in court for assault and battery. If there are significant demonstrable damages, then Mika should consider a civil suit as well. As for the NCAA, I doubt they will have the courage to throw this thug out for more than his already incurred ejection.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




I think a suspension for a few games is inadequate for a blatant attack that could potentially mame a person for life. People have been blinded by such attacks. I think the player should be banned from college basketball and the coach receive a suspension to send a message that coaches are responsible to teach their players that assault is not a part of civilized basketball, no matter what justification the player may feel he has. Sinse the NCAA won't do anything, the player, the coach and the school should be sued.



The same thing happened to Jonathan Tavernary a few years ago. If not adressed agressively, it will continue to happen (not just to BYU players) until someone is blinded. If properly addressed, coaches will make controlling their players a priority.
G
Gunk
If I were Mika, I'd press charges.



The NCAA, ISU and Big 12 won't do a thing. Kane will sit out game and be back in action. His team will continue to roll.



In the mean time, we lost our only post threat for who knows how long.
E
ElderCyclone
BOID wrote:
After seeing that still shot, I feel angry enough to want that creep to be made to feel the same kind of injurious pain and anxiety about missed games. He should be declared ineligible for the entire season, perhaps even for life. He should also become a defendant in court for assault and battery. If there are significant demonstrable damages, then Mika should consider a civil suit as well.


supreme lel
K
KYCoug
I had a similar injury in the Army and was cross-eyed and light headed dizzy for a month and it was 3 months before I really felt right. We haven't heard just how bad this is but we may not get him back this season. Even seeing that picture makes me a dizzy and sick (flashbacks I'm sure). Hope he'll be OK for a quick return.



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
Advertisement
E
ElderCyclone
KYCoug wrote:
I had a similar injury in the Army and was cross-eyed and light headed dizzy for a month and it was 3 months before I really felt right.


Must be pretty soft, then.




KYCoug wrote:
Even seeing that picture makes me a dizzy and sick (flashbacks I'm sure).


lel
T
Talon
Kane clearly wasn't going for the basketball, he should be out as long as Mika is out!
A
Alphaleonis
I think Kane should spend time behind bars for this assault.
I
IowaCougar
What I was really amazed at was that the announcer was bemoaning the fact that ISU was losing a player because of the flagrant foul, but not one word about BYU losing a top player because of the foul. I wanted to throw up.
E
ElderCyclone
IowaCougar wrote:
What I was really amazed at was that the announcer was bemoaning the fact that ISU was losing a player because of the flagrant foul, but not one word about BYU losing a top player because of the foul. I wanted to throw up.


Maybe you should have... BYU's performance the last 3 minutes was sickening, to say the least.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.