Archived Topic

Houston DC Gibbs > Anae

by Brayden Green · 10/19/2013

Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Making adjustments and shutting Anae down.



Here's a tip, dummy: If they ate sending the house play after play, you might want to run some screens and quick outs, and outs to the rb, instead of all of these slow developing option plays and rollout plays for down field throws. SHEESH.
S
SpiffCoug
I disagree. Offense has scored 41 points and racked up nearly 600 yards with one or two more series. The problem is we've given up 16 non offensive points.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
I disagree. Offense has scored 41 points and racked up nearly 600 yards with one or two more series. The problem is we've given up 16 non offensive points.


Against Houston those numbers aren't as impressive. He was shut down by an inferior team after the first quarter by a better scheme. We were lucky to win this. It shouldnt have been this close.
B
Brayden Green
Houston's wins are southern, temple, rice, UTSA, and Memphis. They will lose another 3 more games this year at least.
B
BigCougsFan
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Making adjustments and shutting Anae down.



Here's a tip, dummy: If they ate...


"Here's a tip, dummy: If" you "ate" spelling properly. You look like a fool.



Come on homie!
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I disagree, he called an awesome game, our offensive line is HORRIBLE and he schemed around it and Taysom Hill was able to do what he does and we won. If BYU and Houston switched offensive lines for this game, we would have won by 50 points.
C
cougarnerd
Anae's play calling got predictable. Run, run, 3rd and long, INT/incomplete pass. Throw on first down, bring up 2nd and short, and first downs are easier.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
I disagree, he called an awesome game, our offensive line is HORRIBLE and he schemed around it and Taysom Hill was able to do what he does and we won. If BYU and Houston switched offensive lines for this game, we would have won by 50 points.

Agreed. Anae did some nice things to set up the passing game that was at least somewhat effective, and got the "W" without J. Hill in the second half, OR a healthy Hoffman. Hoffman is still hobbling around out there.



Big props to Apo for showing up for 1 quarter this year. :D
C
craigoscarson
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I disagree. Offense has scored 41 points and racked up nearly 600 yards with one or two more series. The problem is we've given up 16 non offensive points.


Against Houston those numbers aren't as impressive. He was shut down by an inferior team after the first quarter by a better scheme. We were lucky to win this. It shouldnt have been this close.


I agree. It shouldn't have been that close.
R
redneckjedi
Houston had fantastic national rankings in many categories coming into this game, most notably turnovers and turnover margin. Their ability to create turnovers is what changed this from a blowout to a nail-biter. Not saying their D is the best in the nation, but they have their strengths. Their DC called a really good game, given what he was up against.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I'll take a > Anae and a win over a Houston Gibbs > and a loss any day.



Houston may not be good, and I think this will take a lot of air out of their sails and we'll see them fall apart from here on out, but this was a team that was putting everything on the line to prove their legitimacy. They were giving us all they had and it wasn't enough.
U
Ungoy
I don't think the offense would've stagnated as much in the second half if we have Williams in the game. As far as RB goes, Williams >>>>>>> everyone else.
F
frdbtr
craigoscarson wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
I disagree. Offense has scored 41 points and racked up nearly 600 yards with one or two more series. The problem is we've given up 16 non offensive points.


Against Houston those numbers aren't as impressive. He was shut down by an inferior team after the first quarter by a better scheme. We were lucky to win this. It shouldnt have been this close.


I agree. Houston is not good.


I disagree, they were undefeated, they were scrappy, and played with a ton of confidence, and BYU was on the road. This was a very good win. It would have been a tough pill to swallow if we had lost.
I
IowaCougar
I just don't get everyone arguing that Houston is not good. They were the best team we've played this year. Is the argument that they can't be good because BYU beat them? Don't any of you believe that BYU could beat a good team?



Great win.
M
mizzoucoug
I'm not sure it's a great win at least nationally, but as far as preparation for @ND & @Wisconsin this is a huge game. That stadium was crazy loud today. Taysom worked it like a manchild out there. Big win for the program.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
BigCougsFan wrote:
Making adjustments and shutting Anae down.



Here's a tip, dummy: If they ate...


"Here's a tip, dummy: If" you "ate" spelling properly. You look like a fool.



Come on homie!


I really hope you aren't being serious. Trolling somebody about spelling when they are on their cell phone is bush league.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
IowaCougar wrote:
I just don't get everyone arguing that Houston is not good. They were the best team we've played this year. Is the argument that they can't be good because BYU beat them? Don't any of you believe that BYU could beat a good team?



Great win.


oh you mean the best team besides Texas, Utah, and possibly Virginia? going 5 -0 against teams not even in the top 80 doesn't make you a good team, it just gives you a good record.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I just don't get everyone arguing that Houston is not good. They were the best team we've played this year. Is the argument that they can't be good because BYU beat them? Don't any of you believe that BYU could beat a good team?



Great win.


oh you mean the best team besides Texas, Utah, and possibly Virginia? going 5 -0 against teams not even in the top 80 doesn't make you a good team, it just gives you a good record.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Pretty sure Houston would shred texas' D. most likely beat Utah and VA as well.
S
Sammich
For those of you arguing that Houston wasn't good because their 5-0 record is weak, you can't make that argument without also downgrading BYU's national championship. 5-0 is a good team, and beating them means something. Not being a well-tested team is not the same as being a bad team. Why is half the forum suddenly pulling an Airwolf?
C
craigoscarson
Sammich wrote:
For those of you arguing that Houston wasn't good because their 5-0 record is weak, you can't make that argument without also downgrading BYU's national championship. 5-0 is a good team, and beating them means something. Not being a well-tested team is not the same as being a bad team. Why is half the forum suddenly pulling an Airwolf?


Because BYUs 84 team beat nationally ranked teams, had a dozen future NFLers on the team, and did it for more than 5 games... the comparison is silly and this is the 3rd person that has brought it up. It's silly, Houston's schedule is garbage...



I doubt they manage better than .500 after this game. Glad we won, but calling a spade a spade doesn't mean we're devolving into airwolf...



I didn't for one second call for ammon olsen, or type a "peace out, I'm done" post after Utah. I just don't think Houston is very good and I'm happy that our team did just barely enough to win today... but I don't think our performance was great and I don't think our competition was great...



(I also don't think Arizona is great... and they're abusing Utah right now)
Page 1 of 6
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.