Archived Topic

Georgia Tech @BYU Prediction Thread

by Cougarbib · 10/7/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Ok. Someone has to start this off.



BYU Defense will slow down an improved Georgia Tech Offense and hold them to 18 points. I realize that 18 points is a very unusual football score - difficult to achieve precisely. BYU will find a way to hold them to 18.



The improved Georgia Tech Defense will not allow Taysom Hill to shred them like Riley Nelson did and will hold BYU to 23 points. It will be a monumental challenge for BYU to hit this number precisely - but they will find a way.



BYU by 5 with 225 yards passing and 175 yards rushing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stgeorgefan
My prediction is 34-13 BYU

Vegas says 47.5 points, and Byu +7 . I like the 47 but think it will be a Byu +21.



Byu Rushes for 201 yards Passes for 250 yards



GT rushes for 200 yards and passes for 135 yards
M
mtnradio
I said this last week, and will stick with it:



If BYU scores less than 13, they will lose. If they score more than 21 they will will.



My prediction 28-18 BYU!
S
Schmoe
27-13, Cougs.
G
golong
Hill will run for over 100 yards and pass for over 200 yards

Williams will run for 150 yards

Hoffman will catch two TD passes

Mathews will catch one TD pass

BYU 38 GT 13
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
golong wrote:
Hill will run for over 100 yards and pass for over 200 yards

Williams will run for 150 yards

Hoffman will catch two TD passes

Mathews will catch one TD pass

BYU 38 GT 13

I can agree with this.
M
mizzoucoug
BYU 48 - GT 17



BYU goes wild in this one. The program begins to turn a corner...
B
BoiseBYU
GFGH at 4,500 feet. BYU 34-10 after three quarters and Bronco turns off the spigot. Final 34 17.
M
Mars


BYU wins 24-14. Or something.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
Or something.


This is the qualifier we should all add to our predictions.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
With Alletto questionable at center according to Anae, some may want to add an "or something" or otherwise hedge their bets.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
B. Kearsely is stepping in for Alleto and will add an aggressive style of play to the position.
J
jonnylingo
byucougar1 wrote:
B. Kearsely is stepping in for Alleto and will add an aggressive style of play to the position.


watchign kearsely is fun. he holds almost every play and blows people off of the line. nasty fella.



i wonder if time of possession comes into play this year. last year gt offense could not convert on third down which took away their biggest chip to win, time of possession. i dont'

think our run d will be as good as last year and for that reason i think that gt keeping the ball out of our offense's hands wills top byu from blowing out gtech.



the question i have is if georgia tech is going to follow utah's model and play the run or if they are going to play some zone and try to avoid taysom throwing on them to win. utah's model worked for utah but did not work for utah state and if i can tell it seems that utah states' defensive backs are better than georgia techs. makes me think that we will have a big day running the ball.
S
scott715
We may be thin at LB with Hadley out and Beck just coming back. I thought Beck was out for the season. Glad to have him in there.
S
stgeorgefan
Something to think about. GT's defense is rated higher than ours currently. Our offense is scoring less this year than last.

The more I read up on GT the more I think it will come down to the point spread of 6-7 points.

I'm gonna change my prediction I'm sure come saturday
Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
stgeorgefan wrote:
My prediction is 34-13 BYU

Vegas says 47.5 points, and Byu +7 . I like the 47 but think it will be a Byu +21.



Byu Rushes for 201 yards Passes for 250 yards



GT rushes for 200 yards and passes for 135 yards


Changing the scoring: New prediction 28-17 Byu. I think GT's defense is better than i was giving credit. Still think Byu's defense will hold GT though.



Oddly enough, Byu averages around 27 pts a game and gives up around 17 a game ;)
M
mizzoucoug
stgeorgefan wrote:
Something to think about. GT's defense is rated higher than ours currently. Our offense is scoring less this year than last.

The more I read up on GT the more I think it will come down to the point spread of 6-7 points.

I'm gonna change my prediction I'm sure come saturday


My gut says we're turning an offensive corner after 3.5 years of suckiness. I don't care what our average is so far this year, we're going to put up points on these guys.
W
Wolfman
I haven't weighed in since the Utah State game. I must say... was very impressed with Hill's passing last Saturday... I saw some touch and accuracy I haven't seen all year and that was nice to see, although, it was rather evident that after Keeton went down to a season-ending injury and their offense went 3 and out on 3 straight possessions that their D was getting demoralized after temporarily stepping it up and forcing the Cougs to punt on two straight series. Still though... Hill looked good and improved... hopefully he can keep it up. Has anyone ever seen this site... it's fantastic if you're a college football stat junkie:



http://www.cfbstats.com



The Jackets and Cougs are virtually mirror images of each other... they're both in the top 15 in rushing (#7 and # 13 respectively), their passing offenses are ranked around 100th in the nation, their rushing D's are in the top 40 (GT is #28 and the Cougs are #40), their passing D's are also in the top 40 (BYU is #27 and GT #38) and their total D's are in the top 25 (GT is #20 and BYU #24). Their SOS's are also pretty close (BYU's is 32 and GT's is 41). On paper, this looks to be even, however, the difference maker in this one will be the Cougs' physicality... it's what did GT in last year as they weren't able to match BYU physically and there's no reason to think it won't happen again this year. Cougs by 14 (31-17). Not only that, BYU has been able to handle the triple option fairly well in the last 4-5 years and so barring any speed or containment problems for the Cougs, the Y wins and covers the spread.
K
KingCoug
scott715 wrote:
(GT Board - prediction thread)...



Mormons 20

Date Rapists 31



http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Or this one...



Not allowed to drink caffeine - 28

We Can Do That - 31


LOL. Gotta love 'em. Hope springs eternal, huh? :lol:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.