Archived Topic

BYU Favored, Utah Coming Off an OT Loss

by northerncougar · 9/16/2013

Advertisement
W
Wolfman
CrimsonCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Tim Tebow led the nation in passer rating in 2009 at 164.2 completing 67.2% of his passes.

Tim Tebow was #4 in the nation in passer rating in 2008 at 172.4 completing 64.4% of his passes.

Tim Tebow was #2 in the nation in passer rating in 2007 at 172.5 completing 66.9% of his passes.



I can only hope Taysom Hill is a Tim Tebow type of QB.

Sorry, I was eluding to Tebow's stint in the NFL so far, not his performance at Florida. Tebow is having trouble sticking in the NFL right now because of his poor passing ability.


Ah. You were alluding to the NFL eluding him. Carry on, no point in word usage precluding irrelevant analysis.

Whatever. :roll:
B
BoiseBYU
Wolfman wrote:
Wolfman wrote:
Tim Tebow led the nation in passer rating in 2009 at 164.2 completing 67.2% of his passes.

Tim Tebow was #4 in the nation in passer rating in 2008 at 172.4 completing 64.4% of his passes.

Tim Tebow was #2 in the nation in passer rating in 2007 at 172.5 completing 66.9% of his passes.



I can only hope Taysom Hill is a Tim Tebow type of QB.

Sorry, I was eluding to Tebow's stint in the NFL so far, not his performance at Florida. Tebow is having trouble sticking in the NFL right now because of his poor passing ability.


Ah. You were alluding to the NFL eluding him. Carry on, no point in word usage precluding irrelevant analysis.

Whatever. :roll:

Obviously.
B
bigbluepuma
SpiffCoug wrote:
No. I used an informal spelling to convey the meaning of my sentiments. Had I intended to take His name in vain, I would have. It wasn't a smarmy misspelling, it was deliberate to not use His name but still express myself.



The streak of plays/bad snaps has been awful. But I did not feel saying simply awful was sufficient.


Spelling it differently doesn't change what it is. Would you have used that term if you were sitting next to the prophet? How about next to the Savior? Would you still be using the same excuse?
B
bigbluepuma
Wolfman wrote:
I don't see the offense ever having as easy a time running as they had against TX. That was their last chance to sneak up on an opponent with that one, but Taysom has shown that he is a much better passer than he has been in the last two games. I think we have every reason to hope for a much improved passing attack in the future, and the future starts Saturday.



All we need is a little balance out of the passing game to turn the running game loose. We only need a better offense than last year, which I believe we will have, and we win, because the D will hold :utard: . GO COUGS!!!!

Either a QB has the natural ability to throw a football or he doesn't. It's rather obvious Taysom isn't a traditional BYU QB who can throw - he is a Tim Tebow type which plays right into the strength of the Ute D. Hill is 22 of 67 passing on the season... you don't go from being a 33% passer to having all the tools to shred a defense over the top in one week, in fact, either you have it or you don't... you can't teach a guy to throw a football... it is a natural ability that you either have or don't have, period. If BYU had a QB who could throw, I'd pick them in this game, but they don't and it plays to Utah's advantage. By the way, it's 'lose', not 'loose'.


Really??? Perhaps you should take a grammar course or two before you start correcting other peoples' grammar. I wasn't talking about the running game coming in second in a 2 team contest. I was talking about the running game being freed to run effectively. Check out your dictionary for the definition of "loose."



Also,you might check out Steve Young's early passing stats compared to his later stats before claiming that a passer can't improve. Hill also did much better last year than he has done this year. I never claimed he would suddenly be Jim McMahon, but he has every chance of doing better.
B
bigbluepuma
Wolfman wrote:
Wolfman wrote:
Tim Tebow led the nation in passer rating in 2009 at 164.2 completing 67.2% of his passes.

Tim Tebow was #4 in the nation in passer rating in 2008 at 172.4 completing 64.4% of his passes.

Tim Tebow was #2 in the nation in passer rating in 2007 at 172.5 completing 66.9% of his passes.



I can only hope Taysom Hill is a Tim Tebow type of QB.

Sorry, I was eluding to Tebow's stint in the NFL so far, not his performance at Florida. Tebow is having trouble sticking in the NFL right now because of his poor passing ability.


Ah. You were alluding to the NFL eluding him. Carry on, no point in word usage precluding irrelevant analysis.

Whatever. :roll:


WOW!! This from the guy who incorrectly tried to correct me. :lol:
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
bigbluepuma wrote:
No. I used an informal spelling to convey the meaning of my sentiments. Had I intended to take His name in vain, I would have. It wasn't a smarmy misspelling, it was deliberate to not use His name but still express myself.



The streak of plays/bad snaps has been awful. But I did not feel saying simply awful was sufficient.


Spelling it differently doesn't change what it is. Would you have used that term if you were sitting next to the prophet? How about next to the Savior? Would you still be using the same excuse?

Thanks for the calling to repentance. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some other sinning to get to. :~(
Page 3 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.