Archived Topic

USU @ U - What To Do Poll

by Cougarbib · 8/27/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
They play Thursday. How should you feel about the outcome. Many BYU fans hate one or both teams. I usually support both when not playing Y and U over USU heD-to-head because I got my MBA at U and we were once conference mates. But, then, I love underdogs.



Then two major landscape changes have scrambled all of the order that previously existed.



I got tired of hearing about PAC 12 and seeing all of the banners and bumper stickers and yard signs. Oh - and arrogance and elitism. I found myself rooting against U. Put them back in their rightful place - 2nd fiddle.



Then USU beat us. And then Riley had to come in and save the program the next year. And then Taysom barely beat them. And they beat U, nearly ran the table, and ended up ranked. Time to end that insurgency and put them in their place.



If U beats USU, we and PAC will likely beat U into oblivion and PAC will even if we do not. If USU wins - we have an opportunity to beat them - they may lose to BSU and others, and they could beat us and end up ranked.



So what is the priority? Root for USU to start U on the way to a winless season or roor for U to nip this USU in-state insurgency right in the bud?????



You can change your vote if you change your mind.



Wxplain your choice.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
When in doubt - dogs rule. USU be the underdog. Go Aggies. Smashing U into utmost shame and reeztablishing Y supremacy trumps risking more Aggie parity.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I want USU to win. Why? Because I want BYU to beat good teams.



I don't think the Utes have a chance to be a good team - although, they are in the PAC12 and their recent pre-PAC12 history points to them being a good team. Most Ute fans I know think 6-6 would be a good season. But 6-6 won't be good enough for BYU to have beaten them. But I think the Utes are closer to 4 wins than 6.



The Aggies could still have a good year and win 9 games. So in my mind, I'm picking between beating a 4- or 5- win Utah team or a 9-win Aggie team.
S
stgeorgefan
Wait a minute....USU is the underdog???



Utah is walking a fine line between being average and being bad. USU could be a top 25 team this year, maybe even a top 15-20 if they roll through their preseason sched.



I usually root for the underdog but when Utah is involved all that goes out the window...

I want USU to light up the pukes on their own field.... I can't wait to see Kwitt and his 2 sizes to small t-shirt face once the Aggies start piling it on....
S
Stirfry
Simple Question: Root for the Utes to have a defeated season. I don't think most BYU fans root against USU or really dislike them. If BYU stopped playing football, they'd probably receive a lot of defacto fans out of it. Just like the Utah rivalry, as they get better it's making it harder to like them but I enjoy seeing them win (Perhaps because they don't have as many fans to talk trash about it)



Utah on the other hand....I'd love to see their fans endure an 0-12 season. And another, and another, and another until they come off of their high horse about how great they are. I'd probably feel a little bit bad for most of the players and coaches and fans but it would probably be worth it to see some of their fans go through it.



Other than that, Utah wins this game by 10. :utard:
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
I voted for introducing the :utard: to the church of the winless season. They are going to be bad, anyway, so I like the point of Utah State getting another win, so that when we beat them it looks even more impressive. It is never that impressive beating your rival...outside of the rivalry. Inside of the rivalry it means life or death, but outside of the rivalry, if an upset occurs, the upset is discounted as..."oh, well, that was a rivalry game and anything can happen in a rivalry game."



I don't think the rest of the country could tell you who has won the last three, four, or five rivalry games between BYU and Utah. They just know it is a great game year in and year out that almost always comes down to the last drive to decide it. But do they remember who actually won those games? I doubt it. Rivalries are tough to keep track of that way.



In short, beating a Utah with one win more or less win isn't going to change how pathetic Utah will look to the rest of the country by the end of the year, whereas beating a Utah State with one more win will look much better if they are ranked then. Make 'em winless, I say. That will be great to talk about over the hiatus before the next rivalry game with them. Also, I always have a soft place in my heart for the underdogs...unless the underdogs are :utard: .
G
Guest
Utah could be playing Satan himself and I'd put on my Lucifer jersey.
S
Stirfry
hawkwing wrote:
Utah could be playing Satan himself and I'd put on my Lucifer jersey.


Don't they do that every spring and fall? The red/white game?
R
rblack
Utah State hasn't irritated me enough in the last few years to make me wish them harm. Utah, is Utah.

I used to want Utah to have a great season with only one loss, to BYU. There is satisfaction in beating the best. However, then Utah decided they were too good for BYU. When they started with offering 2 for ones and then not scheduling BYU for 2 years, coupled with the overall arrogance and attitude that their being included in the PAC 12 was evidence of their superiority instead of what it was - to religious bigotry, all desire for Utah to succeed as a program was eliminated. I want Utah to lose, every game, badly. I want them to suffer for turning their back on the relationship that BYU honored. In short, it became easy to make this choice: I want to see Utah get beat by everyone including Weber State.
A
ABYUFAN
When two teams I hate play each other, I root for injuries... that said, I like USU - they gave us Lavell Edwards. I'll be an Aggie Thursday
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
Utah could be playing Satan himself and I'd put on my Lucifer jersey.


This
S
Schmoe
Yep, I'll be wearing navy on Thursday. Go Stupid Cows!!
U
Ungoy
I am most definitely with Hawkwing on this. I can't root for Utah, no way, no how. Those arrogant pansies deserve every loss that's coming to them and I hope this year it's 12. There are few things in this world I like less than Utah. When I play NCAA Football on the Xbox, I play against Utah just so I can run the score up against them with 5 or more 4th quarter TD's. Long bombing it with 30 seconds left just to see if I can make it just that much worse for their computerized counterparts.



There is no love for Utah in me. No like for Utah. Not even mild disdain. I proudly follow in the footsteps of Max Hall with my feelings for those turds.
M
mizzoucoug
Do people have a problem rooting for USU in Utah? I root for them all the time. They're kind of like a little sister finally getting a shot at helping in the kitchen or something. Yewts are annoying for the most part and I wouldn't mind seeing them humiliated by the Ags. No question. UofU needs to go down.
B
bandofbros84
Let me put it this way. BYU Is my favorite team. Almost everybody that knows me understands that. When people ask me who my second favorite team is, I ask them "Who is :utard: playing next?"



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
N
nickdutson
Every time I read posts like this it reminds me of this:



You probably did not catch it, but Elder Ucthdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles used the priesthood session of general conference to take a swipe at Hall's hateful rant about the University of Utah. The apostles said, "Perhaps there is no better laboratory to observe the sin of pride than the world of sports. I have always loved participating in and attending sporting events. But I confess there are times when the lack of civility in sports is embarrassing. How is it that normally kind and compassionate human beings can be so intolerant and filled with hatred toward an opposing team and its fans?...They justify their hatred with broad generalizations and apply them to everyone associated with the other team."



Really you would support satan over the Utes? What a Hippocrate.
S
Schmoe
nickdutson wrote:
Every time I read posts like this it reminds me of this:



You probably did not catch it, but Elder Ucthdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles used the priesthood session of general conference to take a swipe at Hall's hateful rant about the University of Utah. The apostles said, "Perhaps there is no better laboratory to observe the sin of pride than the world of sports. I have always loved participating in and attending sporting events. But I confess there are times when the lack of civility in sports is embarrassing. How is it that normally kind and compassionate human beings can be so intolerant and filled with hatred toward an opposing team and its fans?...They justify their hatred with broad generalizations and apply them to everyone associated with the other team."



Really you would support satan over the Utes? What a Hippocrate.


You should look up "hyperbole" (and hypocrite, while you're at it) and stop being such a wet blanket. Also, you'd have to be pretty obtuse to think that the talk was "taking a swipe" at any one person or side of the rivalry.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
nickdutson wrote:
Every time I read posts like this it reminds me of this:



You probably did not catch it, but Elder Ucthdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles used the priesthood session of general conference to take a swipe at Hall's hateful rant about the University of Utah. The apostles said, "Perhaps there is no better laboratory to observe the sin of pride than the world of sports. I have always loved participating in and attending sporting events. But I confess there are times when the lack of civility in sports is embarrassing. How is it that normally kind and compassionate human beings can be so intolerant and filled with hatred toward an opposing team and its fans?...They justify their hatred with broad generalizations and apply them to everyone associated with the other team."



Really you would support satan over the Utes? What a Hippocrate.

Did you mean a hypocrite or were you going for some vague reference to the ancient Greek doctor, Hippocrates?



Or perhaps you literally meant a crate in which to put a hippopotamus?
S
Schmoe
http://www.americangiftfactory.com/members/1283048/uploaded/PinkHippobox.JPG" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



https://d1q3aux3aignky.cloudfront.net/store/product/image_200/45432.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://www.bumblestrinketboxes.com/NewHippoBox-side.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://www.hippocratems.com/hippo-assets/slideshow/HC8.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nickdutson
Point proven. Because I didn't spell one word correctly and to my defense that was autocorrect on my phone that you jump on me for that and totally disregard the rest of my post.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.