Archived Topic

Ammon Olsen

by BroncoBot · 8/23/2013

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I've been impressed with his interviews and work ethic.



Shoulda, woulda, coulda BUT.... I think either a healthy Olsen or Hill playing at QB last year gives BYU at least 2-3 more wins minimum.
C
Cougs_Rule
Agreed. THill is of the most legit athletes on this team. If he stays healthy, this is a special season. Guaranteed coaches have been taking it slowly. Riley didnt want a green shirt bc it obscured his only real and best tools. It is how he compensated for mediocre skills otherwise. Unleash Taysom and he becomes very hard to guard and predict.

Oh wait this is supposed to be about Olson. If THill goes down, BYU will still be in good shape.
C
Cougarfan87
I am confident that either of these young men have the tools to win football games. It is nice to have that depth.
G
Guest
It appears as if Ammon Olsen is the best QB on the roster, but Hill is the best athlete and leader on the team. I'm excited for the future of BYU at QB with these two talented and good people on the team.
G
Guest
It appears as if Ammon Olsen is the best QB on the roster, but Hill is the best athlete and leader on the team. I'm excited for the future of BYU at QB with these two talented and good people on the team.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Back in 2010 various people had various dreams re various QBs. My dream was and always is that somehow they will all get a meaningful opportunity at some point and that when that time comes they will achieve greatness. They usually do get a shot. But they do not all achieve greatness. Heaps got his shot. Nelson got his. James Lark eventually got a bit of a shot. I was so happy for him. I feel bad for Munns. He may never get one. But he certainly had opportunities to step up - but others passed him by. I feel bad for him.



BYU has a number of young QBs. Patience is in order. I once saw the 5th string QB, Tom Young get a huge opportunity - partly because the 4th string QB transferred. Patience.
S
Stirfry
hawkwing wrote:
It appears as if Ammon Olsen is the best QB on the roster, but Hill is the best athlete and leader on the team.


ugh. This statement is brining back so many bad memories! :sick: I don't care which one it is but hopefuly the best QB is the one starting.
M
mizzoucoug
It'd be nice to have drama at another position for a little while. How about at tight-end?
B
BroncoBot
mizzoucoug wrote:
It'd be nice to have drama at another position for a little while. How about at tight-end?

What's nice is that there is little drama between the two QBs. They seem like good friends who push each other to be the best they can be. Not a bad thing to have 2 good QBs on the team who have the same goal in mind (winning vs playing time and personal gain).
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
It appears as if Ammon Olsen is the best QB on the roster, but Hill is the best athlete and leader on the team. I'm excited for the future of BYU at QB with these two talented and good people on the team.


I think you may be right on that but if so by the slimmest margin. I think that Stewart could be very good as well. Feel really good about qb position right now. Once Our Oline gets it together our offense will be elite.
Advertisement
M
Mars


They're the right QBs for the wrong system at BYU. IMO.
B
BYULV
Mars wrote:


They're the right QBs for the wrong system at BYU. IMO.


They're two different styles of QB, neither fits our Offense? I think they'd both do well in our new offense if the Oline can get back to BYU Oline standards.
J
jonnylingo
BYULV wrote:


They're the right QBs for the wrong system at BYU. IMO.


They're two different styles of QB, neither fits our Offense? I think they'd both do well in our new offense if the Oline can get back to BYU Oline standards.


In the few times I have seen Olsen throw he seems to be crazy accurate and a very good passer. He seems to fit the regular byu mold with the benefit of being able to run.
G
Guest
jonnylingo wrote:
Mars wrote:


They're the right QBs for the wrong system at BYU. IMO.


They're two different styles of QB, neither fits our Offense? I think they'd both do well in our new offense if the Oline can get back to BYU Oline standards.


In the few times I have seen Olsen throw he seems to be crazy accurate and a very good passer. He seems to fit the regular byu mold with the benefit of being able to run.


I agree.
B
BYULV
Did you see the interview during media day with Hill and Olson? I thought Hill was a decent sized guy, but Olson was huge, made him look small.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
It makes me a bit nervous in a deja vu manner when I see two quarterbacks competing this closely in camp and Bronco and the coaches start talking about great leadership from one. Experience has shown that "leadership" cures a litany of deficiencies in Bronco's book.
J
jonnylingo
snoscythe wrote:
It makes me a bit nervous in a deja vu manner when I see two quarterbacks competing this closely in camp and Bronco and the coaches start talking about great leadership from one. Experience has shown that "leadership" cures a litany of deficiencies in Bronco's book.


True, but in this case I think Hill is either as good or better than Ammon. At that very least it is very very close. But the team has seemingly unanimously rallied around Taysom as their leader. They respect him and the work he has put in. More importantly they also respect his ability. He is getting it done on and off the field. Taysom will struggle but he is going to have quite a long leash. If he starts playing bad against Utah though all bets are off.
S
SenorCougar
Taysom should have returned to Stanford. He is too talented for here. Ammon fits in well here and has the fans' support just like backup Riley Nelson did for a while. Too bad the fans put a leash on Taysom yet the coach that truly has an eye for QB talent (Harbaugh) has indicated Taysoms talent. Here we go again. Unbeleivable...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
Jarhead
SenorCougar wrote:
Taysom should have returned to Stanford. He is too talented for here. Ammon fits in well here and has the fans' support just like backup Riley Nelson did for a while. Too bad the fans put a leash on Taysom yet the coach that truly has an eye for QB talent (Harbaugh) has indicated Taysoms talent. Here we go again. Unbeleivable...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


:skeptic:
B
BOID
Jarhead wrote:
Taysom should have returned to Stanford. He is too talented for here. Ammon fits in well here and has the fans' support just like backup Riley Nelson did for a while. Too bad the fans put a leash on Taysom yet the coach that truly has an eye for QB talent (Harbaugh) has indicated Taysoms talent. Here we go again. Unbeleivable...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


:skeptic:

Agree with this emoticon; to quote Mugatu, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here !"



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.