I don't get why we are creating a quarterback controversy here. Hasn't Hill shown he can play? Isn't he big and strong and very fast? Doesn't he have a really strong arm, and some quantifiable evidence of his passing accuracy? Doesn't he possess the tangibles that Riley lacked plus the intangibles that Riley had (that made Riley at least seem viable)? Doesn't he have the upsides of both Nelson and Heaps with the downsides of neither? Let's maybe not throw out the baby with the bathwater here. I think we have two (or maybe three) very good quarterbacks, who will all get the opportunity to play enough to show what they can do. I don't see any of them being buried like Lark was, and never getting a chance to prove themselves.
Hill will have his ups and downs like any young QB, but he is talented, and a winner. Olsen will get his chance, and will do very well (also having his ups and downs). I think the future looks very bright for the Cougs. My biggest concern is not the quarterbacks, but the o-line. If they can't get their act together, neither QB will have great success. If the o-line does their job well, we could be in for some years of very enjoyable Cougar football.