Archived Topic

Dave McCann Sucks

by stuckinbig10country · 4/21/2013

Advertisement
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
McCann isn't great, but anyone who thinks he sucks should listen to ESPN700 during a Utes game or some of the PAC12 or SEC home announcers and then come back and change their mind.


I have in the past listened to a few Ute games on ESPN700. I had previously thought that Bill Riley was an actual human being, having listened to him in non-Ute related broadcasts but after hearing the absolute train-wreck that is a Ute call I know that he is a slobbering maniac with no sense or understanding of decency or professionalism. And he's the best of the 3 clowns who do those broadcasts!
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:
McCann isn't great, but anyone who thinks he sucks should listen to ESPN700 during a Utes game or some of the PAC12 or SEC home announcers and then come back and change their mind.


I have in the past listened to a few Ute games on ESPN700. I had previously thought that Bill Riley was an actual human being, having listened to him in non-Ute related broadcasts but after hearing the absolute train-wreck that is a Ute call I know that he is a slobbering maniac with no sense or understanding of decency or professionalism. And he's the best of the 3 clowns who do those broadcasts!

Which is amazing, because he's actually quite good when he calls an RSL game.
S
stuckinbig10country
I started this thread because I was watching the men's volleyball game, and I thought they had picked up some sort of regional network. The call of the game was crisp, unbiased (actually at parts tended to be very favorable to Hawaii), and energetic. The commentators were prepared and very knowledgeable.



It wasn't until the end of the match that I recognized the name of the broadcaster, and realized it was a BYUtv employee. McCann does okay in the studio (not as good as Alema), but I don't really enjoy him there either. The problem is, BYUtv has better, and they use this hack. He's not really any good at his day job either.
C
Cougs_Rule
Kind of sounds like you prefer a homer?
L
Lawboy
I think McCann does a really solid job. Especially when he works with Blaine Fowler. They are a great team. I like him. He is a BYU guy.
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.