S
stuckinbig10countryI'd rather have the guy who called the volleyball game tonight than McCann. That wouldn't be my first choice, but hopefully McCann doesn't hang around too long (probably will).
by stuckinbig10country · 4/21/2013
Cougs_Rule wrote:
For the most part I like him as well. He is very "serviceable". Although not spectacular, but also not crappy.
stuckinbig10country wrote:
He's unprepared, he doesn't know the games (either football or basketball), he is boring. BYU already has better people on staff (as shown in the soccer and volleyball telecasts).
ABYUFAN wrote:
I more than like Dave McCann, I think that he's perfect for BYU. He does a great job of not being a homer. He always complements the other team, and knows about their players as well. If BYUtv is to continue broadcasting some away games, it will be because Dave McCan is able to broadcast fairly neutral. Our radio guy (Wrubel) gets to be biased, McCan doesn't get that luxury because he has to appease a broader spectrum, including fans of the other team
snoscythe wrote:
My feel is that McCann is supposed to be the Bob Costas type guy. A good, friendly studio guy with the 30,000' perspective and some decent interviewing skills.
I don't think he's meant to be a color or play-by-play guy---it's a bit outside his skillset, and I think he just gets forced into it sometimes by staffing shortages.
At least they're not using undergrads though.
snoscythe wrote:
My feel is that McCann is supposed to be the Bob Costas type guy.
SpiffCoug wrote:
McCann isn't great, but anyone who thinks he sucks should listen to ESPN700 during a Utes game or some of the PAC12 or SEC home announcers and then come back and change their mind.