Archived Topic

Taysom Hill home from mission

by EM_Puma · 12/14/2011

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Taysom Hill came home on 6 December from the Australia Sydney Mission. He spent the last 6 months of his mission as the assistant to the president.



Welcome back Taysom.
S
scott715
Hope he makes it to the game.
C
cougman
Congrats Taysom! Now get out there and run some lines. Would love to see him press Riley next season. A couple years ago, it took all of about 3 seconds to identify him as the best player on the field. Dude was marvelous.
S
snoscythe
How long until he shows up and sows seeds of division and discord in the BYU lockerroom in an attempt to subvert the incumbent and win the starting spot?
G
Gunk
snoscythe wrote:
How long until he shows up and sows seeds of division and discord in the BYU lockerroom in an attempt to subvert the incumbent and win the starting spot?

Sounds like he's already started. ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
Glad he's back, can't wait for him to ride the pine for a year and get his physicality back to take over the next year.
B
BerliNY
EM_Puma wrote:
Taysom Hill came home on 6 December from the Australia Sydney Mission. He spent the last 6 months of his mission as the assistant to the president.



Welcome back Taysom.


I'm sorry, did you say December 6? As in, THE DAY AFTER HEAPS DECIDED TO TRANSFER? That December 6?



Peculiar.
U
Ungoy
Hope to see him rock things in 2013 as a redshirt freshman. He could be awesome!
E
EM_Puma
BerliNY wrote:
I'm sorry, did you say December 6? As in, THE DAY AFTER HEAPS DECIDED TO TRANSFER? That December 6?


Heaps? Who is that? ;)
S
SpiffCoug
BerliNY wrote:
I'm sorry, did you say December 6? As in, THE DAY AFTER HEAPS DECIDED TOANNOUNCED HIS TRANSFER? That December 6?



Peculiar.

Fixed your post. Jake decided to transfer LONG before Dec 6. He mentally checked out weeks and possibly months before announcing he was physically leaving the program.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm sorry, did you say December 6? As in, THE DAY AFTER HEAPS DECIDED TOANNOUNCED HIS TRANSFER? That December 6?



Peculiar.

Fixed your post. Jake decided to transfer LONG before Dec 6. He mentally checked out weeks and possibly months before announcing he was physically leaving the program.


If by mentally checking out you mean being ready to step in when riley, once again, went down, and kicking the trash out of nmsu and idaho, then yes I agree with you. Seriously people, enough of the Jake hating. He is gone, you don't have to trash him anymore.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
Glad he's back, can't wait for him to ride the pine for a year and get his physicality back to take over the next year.


I am just waiting for the coaches to screw this one up somehow. I would like Munns to compete for the job his senior year but i am afraid to wish for two quarterbacks to be looking equally talented and effective because then the coaches have to choose between one of them which they don't seem capable of doing. it would make it easier for them if taysom sucked or munns sucked still.
K
kfilly20
If Jake played that well while mentally checked out we should be really bummed he is gone.
I
Isola
hawkwing wrote:
Glad he's back, can't wait for him to ride the pine for a year and get his physicality back to take over the next year.

I would take it a step further. I hope he rides pine next year and backs up Munns the year after that. Then he can take over as a redshirt sophomore. Unless Munns really blows or Hill is a total stud, default to the upper classman.
G
Guest
Isola wrote:
Glad he's back, can't wait for him to ride the pine for a year and get his physicality back to take over the next year.

I would take it a step further. I hope he rides pine next year and backs up Munns the year after that. Then he can take over as a redshirt sophomore. Unless Munns really blows or Hill is a total stud, default to the upper classman.

This would be the ideal situation, I just don't have a lot of faith in Munns so far from what I've seen of him. I think it's obvious though that if the guys are fairly evenly matched, you go with the older more experienced guy.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Glad he's back, can't wait for him to ride the pine for a year and get his physicality back to take over the next year.

I would take it a step further. I hope he rides pine next year and backs up Munns the year after that. Then he can take over as a redshirt sophomore. Unless Munns really blows or Hill is a total stud, default to the upper classman.

This would be the ideal situation, I just don't have a lot of faith in Munns so far from what I've seen of him. I think it's obvious though that if the guys are fairly evenly matched, you go with the older more experienced guy.


Has Munns, post-mission, ever been in a position to get playing time? I feel like I always assumed that, no matter what, he'd never rise any higher than #2 on the depth chart, and he's spent the last 2 years at #4.



Hopefully the prospect of being the starter will light a fire under him.
D
Dcr36
Side-note - I think it would be ideal if Lark was our "back-up," but Munns was our "mop-up QB" next year. Get him some practice. Of course, considering the fact that Lark never gets to do anything and he's in a similar situation, I doubt that'll happen.
G
Guest
Dcr36 wrote:
Isola wrote:
Glad he's back, can't wait for him to ride the pine for a year and get his physicality back to take over the next year.

I would take it a step further. I hope he rides pine next year and backs up Munns the year after that. Then he can take over as a redshirt sophomore. Unless Munns really blows or Hill is a total stud, default to the upper classman.

This would be the ideal situation, I just don't have a lot of faith in Munns so far from what I've seen of him. I think it's obvious though that if the guys are fairly evenly matched, you go with the older more experienced guy.


Has Munns, post-mission, ever been in a position to get playing time? I feel like I always assumed that, no matter what, he'd never rise any higher than #2 on the depth chart, and he's spent the last 2 years at #4.



Hopefully the prospect of being the starter will light a fire under him.


Thats the hope, and we've talked about it a little on the podcast, now Munns can (hopefully) actually see a way that he may become a starter and he'll work twice as hard.



I don't think Munns has ever had any playing time in a game, but I have seen him several times at the open practices. Not exactly the same as game time experiences, but I was able to call the fact that RN would be a good fit for BYU from those same practices, but haven't seen anything yet from Munns to inspire confidence. I hope that changes over the upcoming year.
C
Cougarfan87
Ditto. I hope one is head and shoulders better than the rest in practice--and equally better during games. I don't care who it is. Being a redshirt freshman is a lot better than being a true freshman. Being a redshirt sophmore would be even better, but not if it means the worse QB is on the field the year before. If it's close, then you go with seniority.



Hopefully, this year's QB soap opera will not make the coaches second guess starting Hill over Munns if Hill deserves it more. Also, hopefully Munns gets the nod if it is anywhere close so as not to throw Hill out there too early if he's not ready for it.
I
Isola
Dcr36 wrote:
Side-note - I think it would be ideal if Lark was our "back-up," but Munns was our "mop-up QB" next year. Get him some practice. Of course, considering the fact that Lark never gets to do anything and he's in a similar situation, I doubt that'll happen.

I agree. Lark makes more sense if Nelson goes down, but it would be good to get Munns playing time in preparation for 2013.



I think those two have been amazing with their attitudes. It has to be tough to be a 4-Star QB and sit on the bench without a real chance of starting, let alone playing time.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.