Archived Topic

When will Bronco try a long field goal?

by scott715 · 9/28/2011

Advertisement
S
scott715
This is something I had been wondering about. We don't know if Sorensen can be accurate at long distance. We could have won that Texas game if we tried and made a long one. He has not had a try yet in D1 yet (or did he try one his freshman year). I fhe misses that sets up the other team for a short field. But if he can make these, that will put more pressure on the other team. So far he is looking good on the 30 yarders.
V
vancouvercougar
Bronco talked about this recently. He said he might try a long field goal if time is running out for the half or at the end of the game.
S
Schmoe
Bronco played linebacker, so I'd guess he never will try a field goal, short or long.
S
scott715
Wasn't he a safety at OSU?
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
Wasn't he a safety at OSU?

I am thinking yes - still not a kicker though!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
I
Isola
scott715 wrote:
This is something I had been wondering about. We don't know if Sorensen can be accurate at long distance. We could have won that Texas game if we tried and made a long one. He has not had a try yet in D1 yet (or did he try one his freshman year). I fhe misses that sets up the other team for a short field. But if he can make these, that will put more pressure on the other team. So far he is looking good on the 30 yarders.

The Texas game ended with Texas taking knees starting at the 14 yard line. Even if we had kicked and made a long field goal, Texas would have just kicked their own field goal at the end to win. Besides, that would have been a crazy long FG.



I think Bronco will attempt a long field goal when we are facing 4th and long in long field goal range. Against UCF it was 4th and 2 from the 32. I liked the idea of going for it, although not the play call. But if that was 4th and 8 from the 32, I'd bet BYU tries the field goal.
S
scott715
Sorensen tried and missed badly a 47 yarder after making 7 in a row. Maybe too much pressure for him. Hope to see him try and make one next week.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.