B
Brayden Green1. Sampson over Eason. This needs to happen soon. Eason isn't a **bad** player. He is easily one of my favorite players from last year. He is a good cornerback, and an awesome tackler. Sampson is just a better every down cb at this point.
2. The safety play. Do we really not have anyone better than Uale/Sorenson? I think Sorenson is doing a good job, but routinely bites on play action fakes and gets out of position because of that.
Also, Is there some unspoken rule out there that we need to let opposing teams catch the ball in zone coverage, so we can try and get a big hit?
Travis "Big Whiffa" Uale - I can't remember the last time I have seen a safety at BYU:
A) have so many blown coverages go for TD's and/or long plays
B) Miss so many tackles (and take so many bad angles to miss them)
C) penalties - though they cleaned that up last game.
I don't want to turn this into a Heaps thread, because this thread is about the defense, but this guy is singularly responsible for as many TD's against us, as INT's for Jake. He misses almost as many tackles per game as Jake misses throws. It just strikes me as funny that we have 12 "Heaps is dead to me - Who's next?" type threads going, but not one about shoddy secondary play.
Is Hague still injured? Do we have other options here?
2. The safety play. Do we really not have anyone better than Uale/Sorenson? I think Sorenson is doing a good job, but routinely bites on play action fakes and gets out of position because of that.
Also, Is there some unspoken rule out there that we need to let opposing teams catch the ball in zone coverage, so we can try and get a big hit?
Travis "Big Whiffa" Uale - I can't remember the last time I have seen a safety at BYU:
A) have so many blown coverages go for TD's and/or long plays
B) Miss so many tackles (and take so many bad angles to miss them)
C) penalties - though they cleaned that up last game.
I don't want to turn this into a Heaps thread, because this thread is about the defense, but this guy is singularly responsible for as many TD's against us, as INT's for Jake. He misses almost as many tackles per game as Jake misses throws. It just strikes me as funny that we have 12 "Heaps is dead to me - Who's next?" type threads going, but not one about shoddy secondary play.
Is Hague still injured? Do we have other options here?

