Archived Topic

Bold Predictions

by Cougarpoke · 9/26/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
I am so incredibly sick of all the waiting and intrigue regarding BYU and the B12. I go over to cougarboard and read where approximately half of the posters are thinking the BYU has turned down an offer and the other half are saying BYU is still in play. So, I thought I would make my bold prediction to the world (I mean heck, if Gordon Monson can make lame bold predictions, then so can I!)



1- I predict BYU will accept an invite to the B12 sometime this week (maybe even today). It makes no sense for BYU to feign interest unless Sunday play is an issue. However, from what I have read/heard B12 was open to helping BYU on this issue. B12 seems to be stabilizing and I think they want to add someone right away. Logically BYU makes the most sense.



If B12 does not help out with Sunday play, which to me is about the only big issue out there, then BYU will remain independent and eventually our sports programs will fade away.



2- BYU will beat USU, but not by as much as they should. I rewatched the UCF game last night and I was impressed with BYU in the first half. Their offense was moving the ball and the Defense was making stops (still had a turnover and not enough points). They started to falter in the second half. Something is up with Heaps. I think he is a head case. He had some wide open receivers and over threw them. This game should not have been as close as it was. Also, our secondary gave up WAY too many deep throws. That being said, I think USU is in a worse position than we are. BYU has some momentum and wants some revenge...we just don't have much offense to do it. I think BYU will win and I hope Heaps gets his head right.



Any other bold predictions I am missing?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.