G
GuestI've been one of the biggest critics of Jake Heaps play since the embarrassing outing against Texas, and the flat out worst QB performance of all time against Utah. Statistically, Heaps was even worse against UCF than any other time the rest of the year, but I did see some things that encouraged me.
1. Jake Heaps stood in the pocket and took a hit. Yes, his accuracy is still pretty far off, and his accuracy gets noticeably worse after he gets hit, but he didn't curl up into a little ball to avoid the hit.
2. Jake's interception. Yes, it was an incredibly poor choice and a bad throw, that's besides the point. What I watched after the throw was that Heaps actually went toward the play and took on a defender.
There is a little bit of toughness begin to show through, and I like that.
1. Jake Heaps stood in the pocket and took a hit. Yes, his accuracy is still pretty far off, and his accuracy gets noticeably worse after he gets hit, but he didn't curl up into a little ball to avoid the hit.
2. Jake's interception. Yes, it was an incredibly poor choice and a bad throw, that's besides the point. What I watched after the throw was that Heaps actually went toward the play and took on a defender.
There is a little bit of toughness begin to show through, and I like that.

