Archived Topic

Rod Gilmore

by bplewe · 9/24/2011

Advertisement
B
bplewe
In the immortal words of Brian Regan, "HO-O-KED ON P-HON-ICS W-ORK-ED FOR ME!"



Manupalokihama? Kariva? Really, Rod? Where did all those letters come from?



Well, I suppose ESPN 4th string still beats Mtn 1st string.



THANK YOU SPECIAL TEAMS!
A
AJP
There was a mess up on Van Noy's name too, though I can't remember exactly what it was now.
J
jojoelchango
How bout FuNga
B
bplewe
Announcers mess up poly names all the time, but it sure seemed that Rod wasn't even trying, especially with Manumelikelikimaka. He just started throwing out syllables.
I
imuakahuku
jojoelchango wrote:
How bout FuNga


Actually it usually is pronounced as if an "n" is in the name. One of my best friends back home was Tigi pronounced Tingi. Don't know if there is any rule on it, but what I have seen is that it is mostly pronounced like there was an "n" in the name but there have been a couple of name that I heard where it wasn't pronounced with and "n".
Advertisement
B
BYULV
He even got Jadon Wagners name wrong, calling him JiDawn



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jojoelchango
imuakahuku wrote:
How bout FuNga


Actually it usually is pronounced as if an "n" is in the name. One of my best friends back home was Tigi pronounced Tingi. Don't know if there is any rule on it, but what I have seen is that it is mostly pronounced like there was an "n" in the name but there have been a couple of name that I heard where it wasn't pronounced with and "n".


i suppose even a blind squirrel can find a nut ;)
I
imuakahuku
jojoelchango wrote:
jojoelchango wrote:
How bout FuNga


Actually it usually is pronounced as if an "n" is in the name. One of my best friends back home was Tigi pronounced Tingi. Don't know if there is any rule on it, but what I have seen is that it is mostly pronounced like there was an "n" in the name but there have been a couple of name that I heard where it wasn't pronounced with and "n".


i suppose even a blind squirrel can find a nut ;)




LOL!!

I agree I think it was just dumb luck too!
I
IowaCougar
I was laughing at this guy all night. Announcers should do their homework before games, which should include names of players. With that performance, I'm surprised he has a job. And this wasn't his first BYU game!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
When my lacrosse team played in the national championship on TV, the announcers came down with a roster for each team and asked us about any names that they were unsure of. If Fox College Sports channel nobodies take the time to get it right, why can't the big shots on ESPN?
Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
BYULV wrote:
He even got Jadon Wagners name wrong, calling him JiDawn



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

The PA announcer at LES kept calling him "JAY Don" which I assume is an old-time Mormon name.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
cougarblue
I'm pretty sure I heard one of the BYUTV guys refer to Brian Kariya as Paul Kariya. Really? The hockey player? However even with their few flubs, the production was hands down better than the mtn.
S
superchargedcougar
cougarblue wrote:
However even with their few flubs, the production was hands down better than the mtn.


Anything is better than Todd Christensen
B
birdie702
imuakahuku wrote:
How bout FuNga


Actually it usually is pronounced as if an "n" is in the name. One of my best friends back home was Tigi pronounced Tingi. Don't know if there is any rule on it, but what I have seen is that it is mostly pronounced like there was an "n" in the name but there have been a couple of name that I heard where it wasn't pronounced with and "n".


Bravo! You got it!!



My friends can't even say my name right, even my good buddy BYULV. :D
B
BYULV
birdie702 wrote:
jojoelchango wrote:
How bout FuNga


Actually it usually is pronounced as if an "n" is in the name. One of my best friends back home was Tigi pronounced Tingi. Don't know if there is any rule on it, but what I have seen is that it is mostly pronounced like there was an "n" in the name but there have been a couple of name that I heard where it wasn't pronounced with and "n".


Bravo! You got it!!



My friends can't even say my name right, even my good buddy BYULV. :D


How many ways can you pronounce John? J/k, that's why I always call you, "hey Dude!"



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.