Archived Topic

Worste case scenerio

by Cougarpoke · 9/22/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
So, what happens if BYU turns down/not invited to the B12? What is the ultimate outcome? I understand we stay independent, but clearly that will only be good for so long. If BYU does not go to a BCS conference now then we will forever be stuck in irrelevancy playing in crappy bowl games. Not only that, recruiting will begin to take a hit. I understand that BYU gets a specific type of person to play there, but soon the pukes will look more attractive to top notch LDS recruits and ESPN will grow weary of having to show BYU play Eastern Washington. We will fade into nothing...



What about the B10? If the college landscape is going towards super conferences would the B10 consider us? Surely the Pac12 wants nothing to do with us, which is tragic in light of our closeness to the pukes. Anyway, I am very uneasy about all of this.
S
SpiffCoug
I wonder if part of the hang up is the WCC. I think BYU really enjoys being in the WCC. I think the BOT enjoys working and being associated with other religious institutions. I wonder if somehow BYU is trying to push for them joining the Big XII in football only - since its the only sport without a home.
C
CougarClaw
I wonder how much byutv has invested in the WCC stadiums already. We know they already have been down to each of those schools for a while now.
B
BYULV
CougarClaw wrote:
I wonder how much byutv has invested in the WCC stadiums already. We know they already have been down to each of those schools for a while now.


Hopefully they're investing a lot, since I believe LES is the only stadium in the WCC ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.