Archived Topic

Doman to the Box

by byucougar1 · 9/21/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
According to Jared Lloyd, Daily Herald, Wed. 9/21/11, he stated on Tuesday that he is considering all options but isn't quite sure what he is going to do yet. He indicated that it might help him as a play caller. He also noted that they were going to do some new things personnel-wise as they were trying some new things in practice. They were not at the panic stage yet.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I watched True Blue last night. Blaine Fowler made a good point, he said if you're in the box, you can focus better on what you want to accomplish on your next drive while the defense is on the field. Maybe Doman is spending this time coaching Heaps as a QB coach instead of figuring what to do as an OC.
S
SpiffCoug
I bet Doman is on the field again this week. But the offense doesn't produce anything, then he'll try something different.
D
Dwight
Doman and Heaps to the box. He can do all the coaching he wants up their while Lark makes the opposing team respect that he can run or pass.
C
CAFB_04-12
Didn't Anae start by calling plays from the sideline?
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I think Doman should go to the press box. He can talk on the phone to Jake if he needs to, but can focus on what he sees from above and try to focus on play calling. I know Jake needs help, but a phone can do it.
B
byucougar1
Who would relay plays to Heaps - wired helmet or from sidelines and signals via Riley Nelson, Lark. Etc.?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
Dwight wrote:
Doman and Heaps to the box. He can do all the coaching he wants up their while Lark makes the opposing team respect that he can run or pass.


LOL, well said.



Heaps owns the coaching staff though it seems so this probably won't ever happen.
I
imuakahuku
I am all for the box. I can't think of one top team that has the OC on the sideline. And I think they should get a QB coach. I would love Detmer (can't think of a better candidate than him).
C
Cougs_Rule
Doman to the box. Time to get rid of the Blanky. Let Jake work out his salvation with his teammates with fear and trembling. No, seriously, I think this would be like throwing Jake out into the water to learn to swim in the leadership role.

Better yet, assign Jake to ROb Morris (who is listed as an Offensive grad asst). Let Rob slap Jake upside the head a few times to toughen him up. ;-)
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
imuakahuku wrote:
I am all for the box. I can't think of one top team that has the OC on the sideline. And I think they should get a QB coach. I would love Detmer (can't think of a better candidate than him).


Then comes the question about who to fire to not break the limit on the number of coaches? My vote is the special teams coach. We have looked awful on special teams. He also coaches the secondary, so...someone else would have to pick up the secondary.
C
Cougs_Rule
Probably fire Paul Tidwell (no good reason, hes a good guy), since he is the middle LB coach. And then bring Rob morris off grad asst to MLB coach and help w special teams. Then bring an offensive grad asst on as qb asst. Or get Robbie Bosco to do a little sideline work during the season. Kind of like Chad Lewis is doing.

Dont fire Howell. I think hes a keeper and he certainly is exuding more motivational energy during the game than any of the other coaches.
M
Mingjai
mizzoucoug wrote:
Doman and Heaps to the box. He can do all the coaching he wants up their while Lark makes the opposing team respect that he can run or pass.


LOL, well said.



Heaps owns the coaching staff though it seems so this probably won't ever happen.


It's that photo that Heaps has of Bronco and Doman walking out of Starbucks with triple soy lattes that's causing all the problems...
G
Gunk
The training wheels need to come off for Heaps. Doman does seem to get distracted and after a bad series seems more concerned with making sure his QB is still emotionally stable than assessing what went wrong and come up with something to counter what the defense is doing.
B
BoiseBYU
Actually it's Doman to the woodshed; Bronco to the drawing board; fans to the reset; and the O to the well please



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
This topic has a hidden meaning, equally apt as the intended meaning:



[youtube]LvwqK2gn3S0[/youtube]
B
byucougar1
So what does Doman need to do, according to Carl, in order to spend the night in the box:



- sleep in the bed with dirty pants?

- not return his empty pop bottle?

- play grab arse?

- talk loud?



I say we have Carl find a reason to have him call plays from the box :-)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Dwight wrote:
Doman and Heaps to the box. He can do all the coaching he wants up their while Lark makes the opposing team respect that he can run or pass.


Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Post of the day! :D :lol: :D :lol: 8)
S
stuckinbig10country
I know it might be painful, but go back and watch the game. Doman called plays that should have been successful for the most part. The execution was pathetic.



People are acting like BYU has no one up in the box. They have at least 2 offensive and defensive coaches up there.



The OC for Georgia Tech is on the field. 700 plus yards last week alone. Oh, and their OC had been known not to even use headphones.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
I know it might be painful, but go back and watch the game. Doman called plays that should have been successful for the most part. The execution was pathetic.



People are acting like BYU has no one up in the box. They have at least 2 offensive and defensive coaches up there.



The OC for Georgia Tech is on the field. 700 plus yards last week alone. Oh, and their OC had been known not to even use headphones.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.