Archived Topic

Interesting quotes from coaches

by byucougar1 · 9/19/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Bronco:



“Oh, I intend to bounce back, and hopefully I can provide that example for our team, ...if you are in coaching, one of the greatest challenges is to help a team bounce back from that. So that’s what our intention is.”



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
The remainder of the quote (from Desnews 9/18/01 article at 8:05 pm):



" I'm anxious to see not only how the staff but the players respond. My responsibility is to coach them in a way and lead them in a way that they will respond. I'm determined to do so."



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Doman's remarks from same article:



"As difficult as this is, as hard as this is, I don't know how to quit. I don't know how, so we're not going to do that. We're going to continue to fight and battle and search for the answers to help these kids be successful. I think it was pretty clear that we can be pretty good. But that's not any fun to 'can be pretty good.' For me as a coordinator, I've got to find a way to help these kids … They'll come back. These kids are resilient. They're unique young men. They'll bounce back and be ready to go. But now I've got to give them a plan that's going to work. I just don't think we're very mentally tough right now and we're not executing well. The kids play like they're prepared to play. They're not prepared to play great right now."



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.