Archived Topic

Most embarrassing loss ever?

by Y 4 Ever · 9/19/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
So i was trying to think of a more embarrassing loss than this one. I can honestly say that this is far and away the miser embarrassing loss in my lifetime. Other potential candidates were:



1. Hawaii and/or aTm in 1990

2. CSU or BSU or AFA in crowton years

3. Utah 1989

4. USU last year

5. UTEP 1985



There were others, but while embarrassing losses, none of these hold a candle to the sheer embarrassment of this loss. To the yewts, on our home field...after all of the hype in the offseason about how awesome our o was going to be, how "ready" the team was. All the talk about NC. And then to go out and not only lay a huge steaming pile in The middle of LES...but for the team to quit like that...disgusting.



When I got home at 1am I discovered that a few of my loving yewt neighbors had painted a huge u and the score on my lawn. I had to park my suburban on the lawn to hide it. The car wasn't big enough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
NCPUMA
I was in the stands for the CSU/BSU/AFA games you mentioned.. It was mutiny in the stands, soo embarrassing.. just unreal. So I'm inclined to say those but the difference here is all the build up to this year, independence, ESPN, etc. Those factors plus the fact that it's the U, pac12, etc make this loss worse.
F
frdbtr
We've had some bad losses. This is the first time I have been ashamed to be a cougar fan after one.
B
BoiseBYU
Unequivocably yes. This loss was the worst. The worst part was not the score but the giving up. With due respect to Bronco, ,the team gave up.I can handle a bad day loss. I can deal with defeat and poor play. I'm struggling with the giving up and playing scared



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
I should clarify. UTEP might have been more embarrassing. This loss is far far worse than merely embarrassing. I fear it might be the most debilitating



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
bennyhaha
Yes worst loss ever considering independence and everything that is changing in college football. Not to mention that it is the worst loss ever to the pukes.
V
vancouvercougar
The 1985 UTEP loss was so embarassing because we were comming off the national championship and lost to a team that didn't win another game.



This loss is the most disappointing.
C
Cougs_Rule
Maybe. Time will tell. Has to be Top 5. BUt recency often trumps history. Hawaii loss after a Heisman was pretty bad. Shut-out to Utah, which broke the consecutive scoring game record, one of Corwton's most inept games and low-point may also make the list. BUt yes, this loss to Utah was pretty disastrous.
G
Guest
Without a doubt this is the worst, most disappointing, most embarrassing loss I've ever experienced as a Cougar fan. And as I said in another thread, I've been to each of the other bad home losses you pointed out and stuck it out till the bitter end. But this was far, far worse. The team gave up.
Y
Y 4 Ever
hawkwing wrote:
Without a doubt this is the worst, most disappointing, most embarrassing loss I've ever experienced as a Cougar fan. And as I said in another thread, I've been to each of the other bad home losses you pointed out and stuck it out till the bitter end. But this was far, far worse. The team gave up.


Exactly. Once I realized that the team had given up, I gave up too - and left before 0:00 (something I haven't done since Crowton years). I can handle a bad loss. I can handle the wheels coming off the bus like it did. Hey, it happens every once in a while.



I cannot handle the team quitting and just rolling over.
Advertisement
N
northerncougar
hawkwing wrote:
Without a doubt this is the worst, most disappointing, most embarrassing loss I've ever experienced as a Cougar fan. And as I said in another thread, I've been to each of the other bad home losses you pointed out and stuck it out till the bitter end. But this was far, far worse. The team gave up.


Well said.
Y
Y12
TCU 2008



32-7.



We were ranked in the top 10.



We had the nation's longest win streak.



We had just as much hype and fan fare with the quest for perfection.



We were never in this game.
B
Brayden Green
Hawaii after Staley broke his leg is it for me.



75 points hung up against us is crazy bad numbers.



This was pretty bad, for reasons hawk mentioned. The D just gave up in the second half.



Utah rushing in the first half: 27 yards.

After 3rd qtr: 87

After 4th qtr: 240 - something.



They got tired, and quit.



Unless you are talking to Bronco, then they didn't quit. They just got confused on a very, very, basic running play 4 times in a row for 40 yard TD's. :P
T
trueblue72
When I was playing ball we scored on our opening drive then our opponents went on to score 77 unanswered points, we lost 77-7. So this loss isn't that bad too me!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
NCPUMA
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Hawaii after Staley broke his leg is it for me.



75 points hung up against us is crazy bad numbers.



This was pretty bad, for reasons hawk mentioned. The D just gave up in the second half.



Utah rushing in the first half: 27 yards.

After 3rd qtr: 87

After 4th qtr: 240 - something.



They got tired, and quit.



Unless you are talking to Bronco, then they didn't quit. They just got confused on a very, very, basic running play 4 times in a row for 40 yard TD's. :P


Forgot about that one. I guess I rationalized that as the team being deflated after losing Staley.. who was 85% of the team that year. That took the edge off slightly.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.