Archived Topic

Week 3 RER: Utah

by SpiffCoug · 9/18/2011

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The number in parentheses is their RER on the season through three games.

DiLuigi: 68.90 (70.84)

Kariya: 87.80 (128.72)

Apo: 116.69 (137.65)

Jacobson: 123.30 (108.19)

Hoffman: 178.11 (127.75)

Falslev: -8.27 (18.20)

Holt: 352.00 (262.96)

Wilson: 83.60 (108.67)

Matthews: 138.00 (128.27)

Mendenhall: 142.00 (it was his first catch of the year)
C
CAFB_04-12
How is this derived? yards per carry? Just curious.
S
SpiffCoug
It's the same formula as PER just applied to receivers. I go back into the play-by-play and count up the number of targets each receiver had.



There is no correlation to winning with RER as there is to PER. I just find it interesting to see which receivers are being efficient with their opportunities.
B
Brayden Green
I agree with all of this.



Jacobsen had a heck of a game.



Hoffman had a fantastic game.



They both benefited from all the attention Apo was getting. He was doubled manned almost the entire game
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
It's the same formula as PER just applied to receivers. I go back into the play-by-play and count up the number of targets each receiver had.



There is no correlation to winning with RER as there is to PER. I just find it interesting to see which receivers are being efficient with their opportunities.


How do you judge INT's ? Or do you just leave that off.



Like in the case of JD last night for example...
Advertisement
D
Devbo
I'm guessing INT's are counted, based off of Falslev's negative number.
S
SpiffCoug
Usually the play-by-play lists who the intended target is. Sometimes they don't for INTs (like the INT vs Ole Miss didn't list the intended receiver), so whenever we throw for an INT I try to remember who the pass was going to.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
Usually the play-by-play lists who the intended target is. Sometimes they don't for INTs (like the INT vs Ole Miss didn't list the intended receiver), so whenever we throw for an INT I try to remember who the pass was going to.

I see an opportunity for bias here spiff. I'll now disregard any and all reports of RER. ;)
S
SpiffCoug
So far, I think the play by play has been pretty accurate. I remember a few years ago it would get wrong players listed on catches and rushes - including some who were injured for the year or red-shirting.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
So far, I think the play by play has been pretty accurate. I remember a few years ago it would get wrong players listed on catches and rushes - including some who were injured for the year or red-shirting.


shhh!!!! we don't want the NCAA to find out we played them... :P
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
So far, I think the play by play has been pretty accurate. I remember a few years ago it would get wrong players listed on catches and rushes - including some who were injured for the year or red-shirting.


shhh!!!! we don't want the NCAA to find out we played them... :P

Post edited to protect the "innocent."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.