Archived Topic

Silver linings...

by pikoi · 9/18/2011

Advertisement
P
pikoi
I don't have any conflicts with Fall fishing on Saturdays anymore!



Oh yeah, and Nelson is clearly not the answer...



Are there any? Any at all? Someone help me see them!
B
BroncoBot
Funny how quickly the highest ranked recruiting class ever tanked BYU football. hmmmm.... I guess that's not a silver lining though.
U
Ungoy
There are zero silver linings... BYU got spanked, plain and simple. What silver lining is there in knowing we have no offense to speak of?
B
BYUROCKS
343 passing, other then that nothing.
C
CAFB_04-12
No pick-6s?
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
the clock reads 0:00 that is the only silver lining
B
BroncoBot
BYUROCKS wrote:
343 passing, other then that nothing.

Well if passing yards were what mattered in the end, we'd have won every game by a pretty good margin. I hate to sound like a broken record, but who cares about any stat except the final score? We can't get the ball in the endzone, or even in FG range, and when we do, we cough it up.
B
BYUROCKS
declocoug wrote:
343 passing, other then that nothing.

Well if passing yards were what mattered in the end, we'd have won every game by a pretty good margin. I hate to sound like a broken record, but who cares about any stat except the final score? We can't get the ball in the endzone, or even in FG range, and when we do, we cough it up.




Dude, I am pissed to hell as anyone, I am going to go play some FPS'ers, but it was a silver lining, we did do ok passing.
B
BroncoBot
Hey, I just thought of one. After the o-line and RB missed their blocks again and let a guy in all red go untouched at an unsuspecting Nelson BYU coughed up the ball, again. That's not the silver lining though. Here it is- NElson actually ran after the guy like he would have legitimately tried to tackle the guy. What effort and heart from the 2nd stringer.
C
Cougarbib
declocoug wrote:
Hey, I just thought of one. After the o-line and RB missed their blocks again and let a guy in all red go untouched at an unsuspecting Nelson BYU coughed up the ball, again. That's not the silver lining though. Here it is- NElson actually ran after the guy like he would have legitimately tried to tackle the guy. What effort and heart from the 2nd stringer.

Us old guys are never quite sure what THIS and WORD mean, but in a WORD - THIS.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
MountainMD
declocoug wrote:
Hey, I just thought of one. After the o-line and RB missed their blocks again and let a guy in all red go untouched at an unsuspecting Nelson BYU coughed up the ball, again. That's not the silver lining though. Here it is- NElson actually ran after the guy like he would have legitimately tried to tackle the guy. What effort and heart from the 2nd stringer.


I could give you that heart but would look about as ridiculous and outclassed in my athleticism as Nelson did. The heart is commendable but it won't make me enjoy Saturdays any better... I guess it is a silver lining...



My silver lining is that despite 3 unacceptable turnovers, BYU looked to be in better position at the half. BYU had the potential to win today and had a few bad bounces go the other way, I still can entertain some delusion that the score could have almost as easily been just as bad the other way. We got snowballed today, but Utah is not nearly that much better off than us and we are not nearly as bad as today's results indicate.
B
BerliNY
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Hey, I just thought of one. After the o-line and RB missed their blocks again and let a guy in all red go untouched at an unsuspecting Nelson BYU coughed up the ball, again. That's not the silver lining though. Here it is- NElson actually ran after the guy like he would have legitimately tried to tackle the guy. What effort and heart from the 2nd stringer.

Us old guys are never quite sure what THIS and WORD mean, but in a WORD - THIS.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


[chuckle]
A
ABYUFAN
declocoug wrote:
Hey, I just thought of one. After the o-line and RB missed their blocks again and let a guy in all red go untouched at an unsuspecting Nelson BYU coughed up the ball, again. That's not the silver lining though. Here it is- NElson actually ran after the guy like he would have legitimately tried to tackle the guy. What effort and heart from the 2nd stringer.

Two things, it was a corner, and therefore it was Nelsons reaponsibility to at least look to his left, and also even with his valiant effort, the Ute scored. Effort is important in 5 year old soccer, at the NCAA level, I'm more into results



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
Oh, and a silver lining is that TCU will now look past us (and another is that we may have an easier time scheduling BCS confewrence teams to come to Provo now)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Silver lining: we averaged 46.5 yards per punt.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
The sun came up?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Matty-B
Silver lining?



I got to justify playing Deus Ex for 3 hours afterward because I was so wound up?
B
BoiseBYU
It can't possibly get any worse than this?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KYCoug
How about this one. With that result Utah will have not problem with continuing the revelry!
B
byucougar1
Silver lining at least we know that we can pass for over 300 yards. Bad thing is that despite increased yardage, we still can't punch it in consistently.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.