Archived Topic

Options for watching the game??

by coachK · 9/17/2011

Advertisement
C
coachK
My brother is a big BYU fan who lives way up in northern Canada, he doesn't get ESPN so I told him to go to ESPN.com and watch the game. He tried last week, but sent me this reply earlier this week.



"I went to ESPN360 and can't get any games because my internet provider is not on their list. Then I found out that BYU-TV was rebroadcasting later in the day so I thought I was set. Come to find out it isn't approved for Canadian viewing."



Anybody know of another way to watch the game. It seems last year there were ways for people to watch the game that didn't get the MTN. Any help would be appreciated.
B
BroncoBot
Ouch. I'd consider switching internet providers. TODAY!
A
AJP
Wasn't there a method to watch on ESPN360 using an AT&T email address?
U
Ungoy
If you signed up for an att.net email address, and used that to log into ESPN3.com you could bypass the ISP thing, but I've heard rumors that workaround has been killed. I can't test it because my ISP has ESPN3 access.
A
AJP
I just tried it myself, looks like they did fix it.
Advertisement
D
DarthMagnus
Yeah, ATT workaround was killed last week. The easiest workaround is to find someone with an ISP that has access and have them set up an email account for you. I'm not, however, sure that all ISP's will give you access to ESPN 360 just by having an email account. Comcast is one ISP that will though, so if someone can set him up with a comcast account, it should work.
C
CAFB_04-12
Since it's a home game I'd bet rebroadcast rights on BYUtv will be pretty broad. Expect to see the replay immediately following the ESPN broadcast, if you can stay awake that long.
S
SpiffCoug
BYUtv is reshowing the game at 11pm. But, I think they said it'll be the BYUtv crew calling the game.
V
viking23
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is where i watch everything that i don't get with my cable. it's how i was ufc fights and boxing matches. it will have the game on there.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.