Archived Topic

Time To Cheer Up

by Cougarbib · 9/16/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
I have been puzzled by how big the backlash was and how long it has lasted. I know we thought we had Texas on the ropes only to see our favorite team - players and coaches - choke. But why aren't we over that yet? Answer to follow later!



It is not like many people expected us to be 2-0 when the season started. We beat Ole Miss. OK - many expected a wider margin. But we won. We almost beat Texas - certainly didn't embarrass ourselves in a 1-point loss. Or did we? I think that is the problem. We ended on a sour note looking impotent and inept. It made us feel too much like we felt last time we were 1-1. Hopeless.



Well, it is time to cheer up. We are 1-1 after two tough road games. We actually moved up in both polls after losing a heartbreaker to a ranked Texas team. We accomplished this even though we played poorly roughly half of the time. Here is the best part - Las Vegas still has us favored to beat our arch-rival Utes by 4 or 5 points. The Utes are definitely beatable. We come into the game healthy and at home. Wear Blue. Don't Be Blue. Cheer up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
The only credence I give to this season so far is how many times in our history have we all been disappointed by being 1-1 after playing 2 games on the road vs. a top B12 and an SEC team? I submit that the answer is a resounding "Never!" And that we are so nonchalant about having played there is impressive. In most seasons we'd be ecstatic and nervous to head to a place like Austin but independence has made it status quo which I think is awesome. We should never be surprised or intimidated by a venue ever again!
C
Cougarbib
My Bad
A
ABYUFAN
Ok - time to cheer up... NOW



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.