Archived Topic

Superconferences

by Zhenkar · 9/12/2011

Advertisement
Z
Zhenkar
Sorry to keep with the whole overly-analyzed theme of expansion going, but I don't get a chance to read on here often so if this has been discussed I apologize. I just have a question about these "Super-conferences" that are supposedly coming to college football.



The general consensus I seem to hear is that there will be four 16-team Super-conferences in the near future, meaning 64 teams in total. Currently, there are 66 teams in current BCS conferences. On top of that, there's Notre Dame, which would by most talking pundits be considered a 67th team. So, if they do indeed go to this 64 team format, I would expect Notre Dame to be in the club, due to their history and popularity, which would leave 3 current BCS teams out in the dark. Wouldn't this lead to some type of a lawsuit from those 3 potential schools, or would they maybe decide on 18-team conferences and solve the issue that way?
S
SpiffCoug
68 teams. TCU to the Big East next year.
S
snoscythe
More than just 3 or 4 current AQ schools would be left out.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Z
Zhenkar
Ok, not sure who the other schools are that would be left out, but wouldn't the idea of schools used to being at the big-boy table who are subsequently left out create enough of a ruckus that it would force these SC's to expand to more than just 16 teams? I'm just thinking that if that's the case, maybe they'd create a fifth SC or have them larger than 16 teams, thus creating a possibility for BYU to get in?
G
Guest
The answer to your question is yes.



The biggest barrier to BYU in a super conference setup is a combination of geography and religious bigotry.



A 64 team super conference world would mean long drawn out court battles, by people who used to be on the inside, and if they are smart have carefully hidden away compromising documents and evidence of the current illegal practices that are going on in the BCS.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.