Archived Topic

Haters will keep on hatin'

by BigCougsFan · 9/11/2011

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Man...



I do have to admit. I am bummed how our first two games have gone. I also am disappointed in Heaps' play.



I don't blame Doman, because Heaps has every opportunity to toss the pigskin down the field, but he elects to toss it five feet in front of him. Doman needs to teach/coach Heaps to look off the defenders and other crap.



BUT



The haters out here are bumming me out. Typical crap. Jump off the bandwagon. I don't care... I just don't wanna hear their garbage.
U
Ungoy
+100000000



We're sounding like a bunch of Yewts after that game... What sucks is that if this game had been played in Provo with these results, BYU fans would've pulled a Utah, and booed our own players. The fans would've booed Heaps off the field. They would've been calling for Lark. They would've been doing what Utah did last season when they booed Wynn off and called for Cain. Then they booed Cain off the field and booed Wynn back on. Get a grip you bunch of Yewts.



A little harsh I know, but stand back and look at yourselves. What we're doing to our own is no different than the Yewts during and after the TCU and Notre Dame games last season.
S
Sammich
Seriously. This is what this place looks like after a loss:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-g7lUx7Uiwf0/TmzPviIwtzI/AAAAAAAABqo/6G2KkL_3lKw/s800/statler%252526waldorf.JPG" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I almost forgot why I avoid the forum for a couple days following a loss.
B
BigCougsFan
Sammich wrote:
Seriously. This is what this place looks like after a loss:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-g7lUx7Uiwf0/TmzPviIwtzI/AAAAAAAABqo/6G2KkL_3lKw/s800/statler%252526waldorf.JPG" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I almost forgot why I avoid the forum for a couple days following a loss.


Haha...



These Haters must B*#@% and complain all the time in life too.



I bet they cry a river when they have to many $50, cause all of the bills won't fit in their wallets!!!
I
imuakahuku
LOL!! People complaining about people complaining!
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
imuakahuku wrote:
LOL!! People complaining about people complaining!

That's rich.



What I don't get is how people complain about complainers when most of the talk around here is just blowoff from the frustration of the game we saw yesterday. Everyone will go through the week and be excited for the Utah game. No one will jump off the bandwagon, everyone is going to predict BYU for a win of 14+. BYU has VERY loyal fans and you hear much less criticism than you would at most other sports forums.



oh well.
I
imuakahuku
declocoug wrote:
LOL!! People complaining about people complaining!

That's rich.



What I don't get is how people complain about complainers when most of the talk around here is just blowoff from the frustration of the game we saw yesterday. Everyone will go through the week and be excited for the Utah game. No one will jump off the bandwagon, everyone is going to predict BYU for a win of 14+. BYU has VERY loyal fans and you hear much less criticism than you would at most other sports forums.



oh well.


Exactly! It's just people voicing their frustrations. Many people don't have others to "vent" to. In couple of weeks after a couple of wins we will all be feeling better about our season.
N
NorCal
Couldn't agree more. The "bandwagon" always gets a little lighter after the first loss every year. Expectations have been too high for this team since the end of last year. Heaps is still developing and won't be polished until his junior season. Doman is learning that being the OC at any big time college football program isn't very much fun. Any clear thinking BYU fan new the liklihood of a BCS game this year was pretty remote. With that being said......It still sucks when the reality sets in.
B
BroncoBot
NorCal wrote:
Couldn't agree more. The "bandwagon" always gets a little lighter after the first loss every year. Expectations have been too high for this team since the end of last year. Heaps is still developing and won't be polished until his junior season. Doman is learning that being the OC at any big time college football program isn't very much fun. Any clear thinking BYU fan new the liklihood of a BCS game this year was pretty remote. With that being said......It still sucks when the reality sets in.

Watch out! Stating reality around here could get you stereotyped as a "complainer" or a "hater".
O
ozolls
Not about a bandwagon. It's called critical assessment. Every profession should have it, I know mine does.
Advertisement
U
Ungoy
It goes beyond complaining and critical assessment when after the second game you say the QB sucks, and isn't going to get any better. When people start talking about Lark not getting enough snaps in fall ball, (meaning he's unprepared to take over for Heaps who now sucks) it goes beyond complaining and now you're just throwing your team under the bus, and if after the second game you now saying that Heaps sucks, Doman sucks, JJ and all the RB's suck our receivers are overrated and suck, then that is being a bandwagon fan.



Like I said earlier, get a grip. The sky isn't falling, and this team will improve. Heaps is struggling right now, but he doesn't suck. Doman is struggling in his play calling, but he doesn't suck yet either. It takes longer than fall practice and a few games to get a young team and a young inexperienced OC blazing. I believe Heaps will improve, and as Heaps goes the offense goes. I believe that Doman will improve his playcalling, improving clock management between plays, and during the two minute drill. Doman will also start to mix things up more as he becomes more comfortable with reading a defense, and with calling the right plays. Once he stops 2nd and 3rd guessing himself, and starts having fun calling the plays we'll see that aspect improve. Heaps needs to grow up and man up and I think he will.
B
BroncoBot
Ungoy wrote:
It goes beyond complaining and critical assessment when after the second game you say the QB sucks, and isn't going to get any better.

No one has said anything about Heaps never getting better and it's not his second game. How would you respond if I said that you're delusional if you think this BYU team is where it should be with the talent they have. They should have won that game yesterday and didn't. Some frustration is expected from fans that care about their program.



If you don't like the topics here, change the subject. But the old BYU fans calling out other BYU fans stuff is getting ridiculous.
A
a1247
I thought online forums like this one were made for fans to express there feelings. If you look at the responses from yesterdays game they were made in the heat of the moment. Emotions run high after a game like that. If I come on here and express a negative thought that doesnt mean im any less a fan than anyone else. This site helps get those feelings out, my wife and kids dont want to talk about it but there are others on here who saw what I saw yesterday and feel the same way I did after that hard lose. Its good for me to get those feelings out, it helps me move on as a fan. But I guess for some on here if your not raw raw raw go team then your in the wrong. Im not a hater im a fan.
B
BoiseBYU
declocoug wrote:
It goes beyond complaining and critical assessment when after the second game you say the QB sucks, and isn't going to get any better.

No one has said anything about Heaps never getting better and it's not his second game. How would you respond if I said that you're delusional if you think this BYU team is where it should be with the talent they have. They should have won that game yesterday and didn't. Some frustration is expected from fans that care about their program.



If you don't like the topics here, change the subject. But the old BYU fans calling out other BYU fans stuff is getting ridiculous.

What's OLD is the freaking attacks on a student athlete because he does not measure up to someone's idea of perfectino and expectation. Calling then prima donnas and selfish and half hearted are asine and imbecilic
U
Ungoy
declocoug wrote:
It goes beyond complaining and critical assessment when after the second game you say the QB sucks, and isn't going to get any better.

No one has said anything about Heaps never getting better and it's not his second game. How would you respond if I said that you're delusional if you think this BYU team is where it should be with the talent they have. They should have won that game yesterday and didn't. Some frustration is expected from fans that care about their program.



If you don't like the topics here, change the subject. But the old BYU fans calling out other BYU fans stuff is getting ridiculous.


True it's not the second game Heaps has started, but it is the second game this season, which is what I was referring to. I never said that this is where I expected BYU to be. I'm just not going to pull a Ute and throw my QB under the bus two games into the season.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Ungoy wrote:
Ungoy wrote:
It goes beyond complaining and critical assessment when after the second game you say the QB sucks, and isn't going to get any better.

No one has said anything about Heaps never getting better and it's not his second game. How would you respond if I said that you're delusional if you think this BYU team is where it should be with the talent they have. They should have won that game yesterday and didn't. Some frustration is expected from fans that care about their program.



If you don't like the topics here, change the subject. But the old BYU fans calling out other BYU fans stuff is getting ridiculous.


True it's not the second game Heaps has started, but it is the second game this season, which is what I was referring to. I never said that this is where I expected BYU to be. I'm just not going to pull a Ute and throw my QB under the bus two games into the season.

very few fans have thrown the kid under the bus.
C
CAFB_04-12
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/080/original/5008_9c00_420.gif?1265669754" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
BoiseBYU wrote:
Calling then prima donnas and selfish and half hearted are asine and imbecilic


It's not okay to state ones observations on an athlete playing on national television, giving press interviews and willingly subjecting themselves to the public, but it's okay to call the behavior of regular folks on the Internet "asine" and "imbecilic?" Here, let me help you with that beam in your eye. :roll:



Perhaps we should use more sophisticated adjectives, like indecisive, intimidated, or narcissistic?



This happens every time. People come on a forum to rant after a poor performance (one of the primary purposes of a forum) and then someone inevitably comes on the forum to rant about the ranters. We're just as predictable as an Anae offense and Doman's reincarnation of it. :P
C
CAFB_04-12
Gunk wrote:
Here, let me help you with that beam in your eye. :roll:

Are you serious?
G
Gunk
Ungoy wrote:
Ungoy wrote:
It goes beyond complaining and critical assessment when after the second game you say the QB sucks, and isn't going to get any better.

No one has said anything about Heaps never getting better and it's not his second game. How would you respond if I said that you're delusional if you think this BYU team is where it should be with the talent they have. They should have won that game yesterday and didn't. Some frustration is expected from fans that care about their program.



If you don't like the topics here, change the subject. But the old BYU fans calling out other BYU fans stuff is getting ridiculous.


True it's not the second game Heaps has started, but it is the second game this season, which is what I was referring to. I never said that this is where I expected BYU to be. I'm just not going to pull a Ute and throw my QB under the bus two games into the season.


Did Heaps play well? No, he didn't. That's pretty much what we're saying. Typically, QBs improve year over year. Seeing a regression is quite frustrating.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.