Archived Topic

Getting More Users

by hawkwing · 9/18/2009

Advertisement
G
Guest
How do we get more quality posters over here?



I think most of us can agree that what used to be the place for the highest quality comments is rapidly going down hill, and other places have always sucked. So how do we get the good people to come here?
S
snoscythe
I really think we just need to invite people, with the understanding it might take a couple of weeks/months for traffic to build. If we can get a few respected posters to frequent the place, things will start humming.
P
pjmuli
Hi all,



I was a regular reader, occasional poster on previous cougar message boards. I was happy to find this site based upon the familiar names and words of those who I enjoyed reading the most. There is a delicate balance in adding more people...because with a lot more people comes some of the same old problems as with previous sites.



Nevertheless...I am very pleased to find this board, read, and occasionally post.
S
Sammich
Mars' posts on another board got me here. Sorry guys if I lower the overall quality of the board by being here. :oops:
S
SenorCougar
Good to find you all again. Frequent reader, occasional poster...depending on time, mood, and topic. Enjoy the ideas shared........
Advertisement
S
Short_Change
Mars' post led me back here as well. Yes, lets carefully get the word out.
I
Italics
Cougarcorner must be having success in getting the best users over here, because - hey - I'm here! :D
4
49erCoug
I hope this site can be what the other used to be.. BUT.. what is in place to make sure that doesn't happen? Just curious
K
kiwibacon
po_pocoug wrote:
I hope this site can be what the other used to be.. BUT.. what is in place to make sure that doesn't happen? Just curious
I would hope that the admin would have good control of moderation. I also would be SHOCKED if certain posters from other sites were able to post here without receiving an instant cancellation of their user privileges. There are some users that have shown they are only on other websites to cause problems. I would hope that would NOT be allowed here.
S
snoscythe
po_pocoug wrote:
I hope this site can be what the other used to be.. BUT.. what is in place to make sure that doesn't happen? Just curious


Hawking started a thread to get input on what the rules should be.



http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=978



As for me, if a thread starts spiraling off topic, it will be moderated to bring it back. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, and trolls will have the lifespan of a beer can in Shiloah Teo's SUV. To me, a troll is someone who is posting with a vendetta/ulterior motive other than engaging in discourse, whether it be ad hominem attacks or selling shoes.



As far as how we get more users here--invite them. If there is someone who you think would appreciate this type of forum, invite them to join the dark-side and help us grow.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
kiwibacon wrote:
I hope this site can be what the other used to be.. BUT.. what is in place to make sure that doesn't happen? Just curious
I would hope that the admin would have good control of moderation. I also would be SHOCKED if certain posters from other sites were able to post here without receiving an instant cancellation of their user privileges. There are some users that have shown they are only on other websites to cause problems. I would hope that would NOT be allowed here.


I think Hawkwing and I have made our position pretty well known on CB about certain posters.



:D
U
Ungoy
I haven't posted before, but I'm here now. Certain people at the other place are getting out of control...
K
kiwibacon
Ungoy wrote:
I haven't posted before, but I'm here now. Certain people at the other place are getting out of control...


Glad to see you over here.
M
Mars


Mars asked me to start posting over here as well.
I
Italics
Mars wrote:


Mars asked me to start posting over here as well.


Dang it, why did Mars have to go and invite Mars? ;)
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Greetings fellas! I'm seriously thinking of making the switch.
K
kiwibacon
ABYUFAN wrote:
Greetings fellas! I'm seriously thinking of making the switch.
There are more and more making their way over here even in the last few weeks to a month. I think many are tired that certain posters are allowed to continue posting unchecked on the other unnamed message forum.
1
1967cougar
I find this refreshing. I'm not a huge poster, but I am an avid reader. The other forum I am on is trying to improve to where it was a few years ago but there just seems to be too many wierdos to control.



I look forward to good conversation and banter on this board. Hopefully, the word won't get out too fast.
K
kiwibacon
1967cougar wrote:
I find this refreshing. I'm not a huge poster, but I am an avid reader. The other forum I am on is trying to improve to where it was a few years ago but there just seems to be too many wierdos to control.



I look forward to good conversation and banter on this board. Hopefully, the word won't get out too fast.

Don't worry, the mods and admin here won't let the "wierdos" run rampant here. ;)
I
Italics
ABYUFAN wrote:
Greetings fellas! I'm seriously thinking of making the switch.


Good to see you!
Page 1 of 4
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.