Archived Topic

Utes vs USC

by vancouvercougar · 9/8/2011

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I am hoping for a strong USC victory over the :utard: . I hope the defense gets to Wynn early & often. (I don't want the Trojans to injure Wynn because I want him to play against us)
C
cougsdominate01
USC didn't look all that impressive against Minnesota. Their pass rush against Utah's inexperienced OL is a great matchup for USC. On offense, USC will get their starting runningback back from suspension and that will improve the run game a ton. The 67 rush yards against Minnesota was a disgrace for USC football. But Matt Barkley was dead on in the pass game. I hope Matt Barkley can take advantage of Utah's young corners. I hope USC doesn't overlook the :utard: because that would spell disaster.
G
Gunk
I certainly could care less if the :utard: lose, but I wouldn't mind if they won so when we beat them we look better.
B
BroncoBot
Gunk wrote:
I certainly could care less if the :utard: lose, but I wouldn't mind if they won so when we beat them we look better.

lol. Well said Gunk. I really don't care what utah does. BYU will always overshadow them.
S
superchargedcougar
Oh come on guys, I like to razz the Ute fans just as much as the next cougar fan, but let's be honest with ourselves here.



It is always better for both Universities if the other one wins lots of games. Win or lose, it is better for BYU to play a Utah team that is ranked than one that just got humiliated in it's conference debut.



Now, I hate a lot of things about our rival, but the thing that I hate the most is how they turn mild-mannered, well-meaning BYU fans into pompous, prideful, egotistical jerks.



Let's all be realistic here. If BYU and Utah both go into the rivalry game undefeated (and ranked) that will draw a lot of eyeballs. Haven't we all heard the exposure bit enough by now to see that playing teams that are perceived to be good and beating them is good for us?



Our top ranked opponent already dropped all the way to the bottom of the rankings (TCU) and we can pretty much guarantee they'll lose one more(Boise St.) and if we beat Texas, they'll drop out too. That will leave Hawaii, Utah, and UCF as the only teams on our schedule that could still be ranked. If Utah only loses to USC and BYU it'll barely creep into the rankings until it loses the Pac12 championship game. Hawaii will probably go undefeated and be in the teens by the time we play them and if we beat them they'll drop to the 20s at least. WE need Utah to win this weekend just for the sake of our schedule getting some credit in terms of SOS.



Besides, wouldn't we all like to humble a newly ranked Utah team that is on a roll after beating the most successful program in the last decade? I can't wait to get on the internet and all I have to say to a Ute fan is the final score of the game and they shut up.



Sorry to be a bit of a jerk, but we represent the cougar faithful on here. I think we should be good examples.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
I think we need a Ute section of the forum, like the recruiting section, so I won't be tempted to read about Utah.
B
BoiseBYU
I just don't care except I do smile some when they lose



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
Two things:



1. I want the yewts to lose every single game they play no matter what.



2. why in the #%&@$ are we even mentioning those losers here?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
The Utes won't score 14 points in this game.
Y
Y 4 Ever
SpiffCoug wrote:
The Utes won't score 14 points in this game.


You could have just said "The yewts won't score point in this game" and left it at that
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
Go USC! I hope USC wins every game this year except for the Arizona game.
1
1967cougar
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Two things:



1. I want the yewts to lose every single game they play no matter what.



2. why in the #%&@$ are we even mentioning those losers here?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Agreed 100%. I think the one who is misguided is Supercharged. How many years do we have to listen to the same mantra of "we want them undefeated so it looks better when we beat them." How'd that work a few years ago when they rolled us and went on to beat Alabama? The Pukes should never, and I mean NEVER win a game. And IMHO, anyone who wishes they win any game for whatever reason is the one who needs to do the soul searching!
F
frdbtr
I root for the utes to lose every game. In fact I won't be happy until they never win again. It is the only way to shut up their obnoxious fans. I live in SLC and utah fans crow over every victory and twice as much when it is over BYU. The only way to shut them up is for them to lose.
Y
Y 4 Ever
frdbtr wrote:
I root for the utes to lose every game. In fact I won't be happy until they never win again. It is the only way to shut up their obnoxious fans. I live in SLC and utah fans crow over every victory and twice as much when it is over BYU. The only way to shut them up is for them to lose.


..and when they start losing, their little bandwagon fans will forget they exist and go back to drinking, studying for the GED (which they will never pass), and cheering on the Blaze.



Rice Chex stadium is just one 4-8 record away from being half full for every game not featuring BYU.
F
frdbtr
Y 4 Ever wrote:
I root for the utes to lose every game. In fact I won't be happy until they never win again. It is the only way to shut up their obnoxious fans. I live in SLC and utah fans crow over every victory and twice as much when it is over BYU. The only way to shut them up is for them to lose.


..and when they start losing, their little bandwagon fans will forget they exist and go back to drinking, studying for the GED (which they will never pass), and cheering on the Blaze.



Rice Chex stadium is just one 4-8 record away from being half full for every game not featuring BYU.


And that 4-8 might be this year if they don't fix that offensive line/Jordan wynn. I know for a fact that Bronco and Brandon will have something special planned for utah this year. If Wynn makes it out of the USC game alive, he is going to be lucky to make it out of the BYU game in one piece. In fact I would put the over/under on him making it through half time at an under.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
My grandpa played fullback for the Utes way back in the day. He played with Elder Wirthlin. So I do not hate the Utes, I just cheer for BYU. If Utah wins, good for them, if they lose, good for them. I follow BYU, and what Utah does matters zero to me so long as we beat them when the two teams line up to play ball.



As far as this thread goes, no way Jordana Wynn leads the Utes to a win. She throws like a girl right now and that will not be good enough to beat most teams. Especially the next two.
F
frdbtr
I used to be like you Lawboy. Then 2002-2004 happened and the ute fans raised their level of obnoxious to an unbearable point. They have always been obnoxious but when they had a great team and we had a bad team it got ridiculous. From that point on, I realized that there really is no actual utah fan, they are all BYU haters and will take more joy in BYU losses then in ute wins. I haven't rooted for ANY ute team since then and never will again. I don't care how many general authorities went to the school.
G
Gunk
I don't live in Utah so really don't care about the "noise" level of Ute fans; however, I do have to deal with all sorts of other "noise" levels of far greater importance than football and I've learned not to let others' opinions, behavior and obnoxiousness affect my own well being.
1
1967cougar
Gunk wrote:
I don't live in Utah so really don't care about the "noise" level of Ute fans; however, I do have to deal with all sorts of other "noise" levels of far greater importance than football and I've learned not to let others' opinions, behavior and obnoxiousness affect my own well being.

Not mine. I can hate the Pukes and still feel good taking the Sacrament.
A
ABYUFAN
Lawboy wrote:



As far as this thread goes, no way Jordana Wynn leads the Utes to a win. She throws like a girl right now and that will not be good enough to beat most teams. Especially the next two.


That's not very nice... All the girls I know think that playing smart is a big part of their game, why you gotta bring them down by puting them in the same class as Jordy?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.