Archived Topic

Texas Hottest Summer ever

by trueblue72 · 9/8/2011

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
Was going to check my email and I saw this lovely little tidbit.



http://news.yahoo.com/texas-hottest-june-august-record-164618821.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



We handled Ole Miss conditions last week and they didn't seem to be an issue. Never been to Austin, what's the Humidity like? Will we need 4 gallons of pickle juice this week?



Go cougs!!
R
radius19
served in Dallas which is a couple hours from Austin. Wasn't too bad, I mean it was hot and humid and felt much more humid than out west but it couldn't possibly be as bad as the deep south. It may be worse than it was in Mississippi just because it was overcast and had a nice breeze that day. Doubt it will be like that in Austin but shouldn't be horrible outside of a high temperature.
G
Guest
As long as we have pickle juice we can over come any conditions!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gIxGsAZEWXA/SkpiygELB_I/AAAAAAAAAAg/7W9gnFh64pA/s320/Pickle22Jun.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CAFB_04-12
Except fire! Hopefully they keep the game on. I've been hearing that high schools have been canceling outdoor events this week.
A
AJP
High of 96 with 23% humidity, mostly sunny



Being a night game (starting at 6 local time) it should be cooler than that though.
Advertisement
H
Hookem
Shouldn't be a factor.
M
mizzoucoug
I'm in Houston and the last 2 evenings have just been perfect after enduring about 3 months straight of blast furnace heat. Texas is California-esque this time of year. It will be very nice.
Y
Y12
I doubt it has been the hottest summer ever. They year I was born (parents lived in Dallas), there were 100 days of 100 degrees. That is pretty tough to beat.
R
redneckjedi
I can't speak for Dallas, but tt is far and away the hottest summer Austin has ever had. Luckily, things have started to cool down quite a bit. I go outside, and 90 feels downright pleasant. :)



But it's hot and dry right now, just like a summer in Utah. Nothing we won't be prepared for.
8
88Coug
Sorry to the doubters, but this has been the hottest summer for any state since they kept records in the 19th century, beating the Dust Bowl.



North Texas needs one more 100 degree day to tie the all time record from 30 years ago for most 100 degree days. That is supposed to come next week.



But the average daily temperature has been horrible this year --- lows at 86 most days this summer.



All that being said, this week has been great (highs around 91, lows around 62) and the weather should be great down in Austin tomorrow.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.