Archived Topic

What if Saturday the game goes like this

by Y12 · 9/7/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Didn't you used to have a link to CougarCorner on your site?
M
Mingjai
I'd rather have Saturday's game go like the 1988 edition, but I'd take a W either way.
K
kjjson
If our defense forces 8 turnovers, our offense had better put up more than 22 points, or it will be a long year for our offense.
C
cougsdominate01
That is ridiculous! Garrett Gilbert may throw 8 INT's, but if that happens, we will have a 30-point lead at the least. People don't give enough credit to our offense. We played a speedy SEC defense. We had some success moving the ball, we just didn't finish drives. We had 316 yards of total offense. Also, our return game is fantastic. They may put some points up for us. :)
Advertisement
G
golong
Here's what I'm expecting on Saturday. I think BYU will lose the game...here's why. Texas will kind of shellshock BYU in the first quarter and be up two or three scores, Heaps will get sacked a couple times and hit and roughed up, and the running game will go nowhere. So then everybody starts to wakeup and realize Texas is a much better team than Ole Miss, and somebody better start playing football.



BYU will get a couple of turnovers, Heaps will start hitting receivers, and will pass for over 300 yards, which isn't necessarily good, because the run game is doing nothing. We will also get a couple of nice kick returns, and the defense might even score again. But in the end it will be too little too late, and BYU will lose by a score or two, but come away feeling like they should have won the game and can play with anybody.



However, if the defense gets those turnovers in the first quarter, and one of them is a score, then I think BYU wins the game. If the defense is really as good as we hope it and they shut down the Texas run game, and get to the QB a few times, then this team is going to be something special--but I think it won't play out this way.
C
cougsdominate01
golong wrote:
Here's what I'm expecting on Saturday. I think BYU will lose the game...here's why. Texas will kind of shellshock BYU in the first quarter and be up two or three scores, Heaps will get sacked a couple times and hit and roughed up, and the running game will go nowhere. So then everybody starts to wakeup and realize Texas is a much better team than Ole Miss, and somebody better start playing football.



BYU will get a couple of turnovers, Heaps will start hitting receivers, and will pass for over 300 yards, which isn't necessarily good, because the run game is doing nothing. We will also get a couple of nice kick returns, and the defense might even score again. But in the end it will be too little too late, and BYU will lose by a score or two, but come away feeling like they should have won the game and can play with anybody.



However, if the defense gets those turnovers in the first quarter, and one of them is a score, then I think BYU wins the game. If the defense is really as good as we hope it and they shut down the Texas run game, and get to the QB a few times, then this team is going to be something special--but I think it won't play out this way.

There is no way our defense gives up two or 3 scores in the first quarter. I know a ton of people think our defense is overrated, but I think our defense is the best BYU has had for a long time. I wasn't insanely impressed with Texas' rush defense against Rice. They gave up 130 rush yards against a Conference-USA opponent who is nowhere near as physical as BYU. I think our run game will put up over 150 yards and Jake Heaps puts up around 250 yards through the air with a maximum of 1 turnover. Our offense is underrated. I thought we played well until we got into opposing territory. The touchdown drive that ended with Ross Apo in the endzone starred the offense we will see against Texas. Jake Heaps went 5/5 and was very accurate. As long as Jake Heaps stays confident we will play well.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.