Archived Topic

Very proud of this team today....

by aabyucougars pa · 9/4/2011

Advertisement
A
aabyucougars pa
Defense was very physical today. Offensively at times didn't play that well. But down 13 on the road in the 4th - to gut this win out - very proud of these guys. Now if we can show great improvement between game 1 and 2 - we could have a special season.



Great heart - great effort.



Rise and Shout.
A
ABYUFAN
My thoughts exactly



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
Even with a poor showing at times, you could see/feel their effort this game. They fought through the adversity of the game and came out winners. The team's attitude and effort in this game gave me great hope for the rest of this season. We really missed that attitude and effort last year. I have a lot of confidence that this team will learn from this game and show a huge improvement next week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
birdie702
BYULV wrote:
Even with a poor showing at times, you could see/feel their effort this game. They fought through the adversity of the game and came out winners. The team's attitude and effort in this game gave me great hope for the rest of this season. We really missed that attitude and effort last year. I have a lot of confidence that this team will learn from this game and show a huge improvement next week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Psst, did you get us a tee time for Mon? :lol:

I'm getting deployed next week so I have to get a couple of rounds in before I leave. :D
B
BroncoBot
birdie702 wrote:
Even with a poor showing at times, you could see/feel their effort this game. They fought through the adversity of the game and came out winners. The team's attitude and effort in this game gave me great hope for the rest of this season. We really missed that attitude and effort last year. I have a lot of confidence that this team will learn from this game and show a huge improvement next week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Psst, did you get us a tee time for Mon? :lol:

I'm getting deployed next week so I have to get a couple of rounds in before I leave. :D

Good luck birdie, my prayers are with you guys. Come back safe and sound.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
declocoug wrote:
BYULV wrote:
Even with a poor showing at times, you could see/feel their effort this game. They fought through the adversity of the game and came out winners. The team's attitude and effort in this game gave me great hope for the rest of this season. We really missed that attitude and effort last year. I have a lot of confidence that this team will learn from this game and show a huge improvement next week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Psst, did you get us a tee time for Mon? :lol:

I'm getting deployed next week so I have to get a couple of rounds in before I leave. :D

Good luck birdie, my prayers are with you guys. Come back safe and sound.


Golf Monday morning sounds great. Any other CC fans want to play?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
birdie702 wrote:
Even with a poor showing at times, you could see/feel their effort this game. They fought through the adversity of the game and came out winners. The team's attitude and effort in this game gave me great hope for the rest of this season. We really missed that attitude and effort last year. I have a lot of confidence that this team will learn from this game and show a huge improvement next week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Psst, did you get us a tee time for Mon? :lol:

I'm getting deployed next week so I have to get a couple of rounds in before I leave. :D


Wow! That puts things in perspective. Good luck! B-safe! B-careful! B-smart!

I admire & respect the heck out of you guys.
B
birdie702
declocoug wrote:
BYULV wrote:
Even with a poor showing at times, you could see/feel their effort this game. They fought through the adversity of the game and came out winners. The team's attitude and effort in this game gave me great hope for the rest of this season. We really missed that attitude and effort last year. I have a lot of confidence that this team will learn from this game and show a huge improvement next week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Psst, did you get us a tee time for Mon? :lol:

I'm getting deployed next week so I have to get a couple of rounds in before I leave. :D

Good luck birdie, my prayers are with you guys. Come back safe and sound.


I appreciate the love, but I should have been more specific. :D Being in the line of fire would be great and scary. My deployment has to do with the previous hurricane Irene and the new ones on the way. I work in the insurance industry, so I guess that counts for helping those who have been or would be affected by these catastrophic events, right? :)
B
BYULV
birdie702 wrote:
birdie702 wrote:
Even with a poor showing at times, you could see/feel their effort this game. They fought through the adversity of the game and came out winners. The team's attitude and effort in this game gave me great hope for the rest of this season. We really missed that attitude and effort last year. I have a lot of confidence that this team will learn from this game and show a huge improvement next week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Psst, did you get us a tee time for Mon? :lol:

I'm getting deployed next week so I have to get a couple of rounds in before I leave. :D

Good luck birdie, my prayers are with you guys. Come back safe and sound.


I appreciate the love, but I should have been more specific. :D Being in the line of fire would be great and scary. My deployment has to do with the previous hurricane Irene and the new ones on the way. I work in the insurance industry, so I guess that counts for helping those who have been or would be affected by these catastrophic events, right? :)


You'd likely be safer if you were deployed to the middle east than on the golf course with me and my errant drives.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
aabyucougars pa wrote:
Defense was very physical today. Offensively at times didn't play that well. But down 13 on the road in the 4th - to gut this win out - very proud of these guys. Now if we can show great improvement between game 1 and 2 - we could have a special season.



Great heart - great effort.



Rise and Shout.

This. Our defense was more physical than a very physical Ole Miss Offense and way more physical than the Ole MIss defense. Ask the Ole MIss running backs.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Agreed! THis team showed real moxy in adversity!

I do hope the Offense shows more urgency. Toward the end of the game, that slightly sped up tempo--not to be confused with 'no-huddle'--I think helped.

I cant wait to see our D destroy Utah :munch: :munch: :munch: :evil: :evil: :evil:
S
SpiffCoug
Amen. We overcame a 13-point, 4th quarter deficit on the road in the SEC to find a way to win. Impressive.



Very similar to Utah State who similarly overcame a 10-point, 4th quarter lead on the road in teh SEC to find a way to lose. Impressive.
K
KYCoug
I think this was one of the best defensive efforts I've seen from the Y. I know that's saying a lot but think about our history traveling east to play, think about our history against the SEC. Everyone out here was saying the big Ole Miss line would ware down the smaller BYU team and by the 4th quarter would begin to dominate and they would run it down our throats. Well we saw who got dominated in the 4th (really the whole game) and it all began with a tough front. To give up just 2 field goals was outstanding. Of course the Line Backers were big also but to go into Oxford and stop their running game...big! You just can't find too many defensive efforts by the Y that are at this level.



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.