Archived Topic

Quote of the Day

by Cougarbib · 9/4/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Interview by KSL post-game - Kyle Van Noy - "The Endzone Is My Friend". He has scored two TDs now in his short BYU career. Only one in the last 15 years to score two - or longer - KSL didn't have access to records further back than that.
C
CougarClaw
I liked this one from Brandon Doman when asked about Van Noy's TD.



"I felt like heaven shined down on me, personally"



Van Noy bailed everyone out on that play.
S
SpiffCoug
I thought my favorite quote of the day was Bob Davie on 4th & 6 saying that Ole Miss really needed 6 yards on this play.
B
BoiseBYU
SpiffCoug wrote:
I thought my favorite quote of the day was Bob Davie on 4th & 6 saying that Ole Miss really needed 6 yards on this play.

That is why he gets paid the big bucks



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
urroner
BoiseBYU wrote:
I thought my favorite quote of the day was Bob Davie on 4th & 6 saying that Ole Miss really needed 6 yards on this play.

That is why he gets paid the big bucks



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I wish I was so talented and so wise and much better looking that I could earn big bucks for stating the totally obvious, but alas, being a government worker, i get paid to do quite the opposite. :whistle:
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I thought it was one of the announcers stating after Kariya picked up a first down running up the middle that it was reminiscent of the old Lavell power-I style of play. I don't remember the power-I up the middle running from Lavell's years to be a hallmark, but I was young and maybe just enamored with the passing game.
C
CougarPeasant
declocoug wrote:
I thought it was one of the announcers stating after Kariya picked up a first down running up the middle that it was reminiscent of the old Lavell power-I style of play. I don't remember the power-I up the middle running from Lavell's years to be a hallmark, but I was young and maybe just enamored with the passing game.


When I heard Davie say that I about did a spit take on my laptop. Lavell was never a power running coach. Rarely did BYU line up in the I while he was coach.



Funny stuff from that Davie. Too bad only the BYU fans knew the truth.
S
SpiffCoug
Is it any really wonder why Davie isn't a football coach anymore?
C
craigoscarson
SpiffCoug wrote:
Is it any really wonder why Davie isn't a football coach anymore?


Though the argument could be made that he was the best Notre Dame coach in 15 years.
B
BigCougsFan
These quotes are awesome! We need to do this for each game!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
My favorite quote:


The Rebels faced third-and-27 from its own 21-yard line when Van Noy lined up wide, sped past the Ole Miss right tackle, and swatted the ball away from quarterback Zack Stoudt. Van Noy scooped up the ball at the 3-yard line and scored.



BYU offensive tackle Matt Reynolds, who was watching that play unfold from the sideline, knew what was going to happen even before the ball was snapped.



"It's funny. I saw Kyle Van Noy line up … I thought, 'That tackle has no idea what's coming,'" said Reynolds, who has spent the past month lining up against Van Noy in practice. "I've seen that stance in camp. I know what's coming. Sure enough, he came flying off that edge. It was so exciting. It was so fun."


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700176040/BYU-football-Cougars-rally-late-defeat-Ole-Miss-14-13.html?s_cid=t_share



The quote of the week still has to go to the Ole Miss OC who called Pendelton a "rolling ball of butchers knives".
C
Cougarbib
Kyle had a White Boys quote on BYU TV. It was a bit awkward but less so than his teammate a week ago.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
"It's funny. I saw Kyle Van Noy line up … I thought, 'That tackle has no idea what's coming,'" said Reynolds, who has spent the past month lining up against Van Noy in practice. "I've seen that stance in camp. I know what's coming. Sure enough, he came flying off that edge. It was so exciting. It was so fun."
C
Cougs_Rule
"A rolling ball of butcher knives".......That is awesome!!! And both quotes re our OLB's.

Hey Mr Texas QB, take some notes, cause you have double trouble coming to River City.

Roll, knives, Roll !!!!!!!
C
Cougarbib
It just keeps gettin better:



Bronco on his defensive players answering SEC brawn at Ole Miss: "they responded well, matched physicality with physicality, and liked it."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.