Archived Topic

Wow, TCU goes down

by golong · 9/3/2011

Advertisement
G
golong
I actually thought this might happen, Baylor playing TCU at Baylor, and they hang 50 on TCU, the "best defense in college football?" I think teams are getting TCU figured out. BYU will also figure them out this year. By the time BYU plays TCU in October, the BYU offense will be a scoring machine. If TCU is the best football team in Texas, any BYU beats Texas...then who is the best team in Texas?
D
Ddawg
Suhweeeeeeet! I watched some of the game last night. TCU is definitely vulnerable.

8)
C
CAFB_04-12
1st half TCU = vulnerable. 4th quarter TCU = how they'll play against BYU. I certainly don't think that TCU waltzed into Baylor thinking they would just cruise (Patterson is a better coach than that), but nothing really clicked for TCU till they found themselves in a big hole. Their QB was outstanding getting those three TDs and 2-point conversions, but made a Max Hall-like error in judgement when they only needed 10-15 yards to get in FG range. Classic rookie mistake that will get coached out of him in the coming weeks.



On the bright side, their defense has a lot more holes this year, and BYU should get yards and points. But if BYU allows 48 points, I'm not so confident in the outcome. Either Baylor is really bad on defense or TCU has a better offense than we think.
I
imuakahuku
And their D seems to have forgotten how to tackle. They were downright aweful. I will say I was hoping they would be undefeated when we beat them later in Dallas but oh well.
F
frdbtr
BYU's defense won't give up 50 to TCU.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
BYU's defense didn't give up 35 last year (31). And it would have been less if TCU wasn't starting in their own endzone basically. But, I'm sure GP has been prepping his team for BYU since Wisconsin. They'll be ready for the cougars.
B
Brayden Green
Wow... Just wow!



Hopefully they don't have this all figured out when we play them. :D
S
SpiffCoug
Baylor's PER yesterday was 267.50, TCU is lucky they even had a chance to win that game.
B
BoiseBYU
Don't want to be a downer but the Baylor QB had the game of his life and Baylor barely won The QB was superb



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metal Bubba
BoiseBYU wrote:
Don't want to be a downer but the Baylor QB had the game of his life and Baylor barely won The QB was superb



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You may be selling him short by saying it was the game of his life, if you mean that the performance came from out of nowhere. Then again, I've only seen him play twice. Both times against Wake Forest when as a true freshman and sophomore. I was impressed with the kid's potential. As in, NFL potential. He looked like he could be a killer by the time he gets to his senior year. If I recall correctly, he had a season ending injury right after the second WF game and I haven't really followed him since. I would expect this is his senior year, but I'm too lazy to look all that up.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.