Archived Topic

Another BYU ALL-TIME Team

by Y12 · 9/2/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y12
First, let me thank snoscythe for coming up with the idea to do the all-time BYU football team this summer. Thank you to everyone who particiapted as well.



I have been waiting until we finished to post this. It is not meant to contend with what we came up with, but just to share another two guys opinions.



This comes from The USA Today College Football Encyclopedia



BYU 55 Greatest Players



Offense

WR: Mark Bellini, Austin Collie, Eric Drage, Phil Odle

TE: Gordon Hudson, Chris Smith, Dennis Pitta

T: Nick Eyre, Brad Oates, Dallas Reynolds, Lance Reynolds, John Tait

G: Calvin Close, Mo Elewonibi, Brian May, Evan Pilgrim

C: Trevor Matich, Bart Oates, Orrin Olsen

QB: Ty Detmer, Max Hall, Jim McMahon, Steve Young

RB: Curtis Brown, Eldon Fortie, Luke Staley, Jamal Willis

FB: John Ogden



Defense

End: Joe Lijenquist, Brady Poppinga, Keith Rivera, Ross Varner

T: Wayne Baker, Jason Buck, Mekeli Ieremia, Paul Linford

LB: Marv Allen, Bob Davis, Shad Hansen, Rob Morris, Todd Shell, Leon White

CB: Dave Atkinson, Chris Farasopoulos, Jernaro Gilford

S: Dan Hansen, Brian Mitchell, Kyle Morrell, Bobby Roberts



Special Teams

Returns: Golden Richards, Vai Sikahema

Kicker: Owen Pochman

Punter: Alan Boardman



Multiple Positions

G/T: Gordon Gravelle

C/G: Larry Moore
S
scott715
Any changes to our All time team?
S
scott715
So let me throw out some suggestions. Ziggy, Stephenson, Hoffman and Van Noy? I know that last two are still on the team but do we have to wait? I don't know if I agree with the CBs. Some names I don't recognize.
S
SpiffCoug
Tim McTyer might be on the CBs. Ziggy didn't have a long enough career (thanks to trust issues ;) ) to belong on the list. But his potential could be argued to be enough to warrant consideration.



KVN is one of the best defensive playmakers we've ever had on D.



Hoffman is going to leave school with the most career receptions (currently 18 behind Pitta), career receiving yards (currently 537 behind Collie), and career receiving TDs (currently two behind Collie). He is one of three receivers to catch 100 passes in a season, one of four receivers to break 1,200 yards receiving in a season, and one of two receivers to have multiple double-digit TD seasons. In short, he's the Jerry Rice of BYU wide receivers.
N
nuk13
Kurt Gouvea (sp) played with Leon White and I believe he was at least as good. He lasted in the pros longer as well. I'd also put in Chad Lewis. He's the only guy I ever saw block a field goal at the goal post as well as his excellence at tight end.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Hoffman, Van Noy, and Omarr Morgan should be on there.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.