Archived Topic

Bronco Razzing Doman

by Isola · 9/2/2011

Advertisement
I
Isola
According to SI's Truth and Rumors Bronco has been razzing Doman. Apparently every time Bronco walks past Doman's office his mutters "No Pressure".



I take that as a good sign, and I think it is hilarious.



Also, I am impressed that SI would feature it. I think independence has boosted BYU's prominence.
B
Brayden Green
I really like to see this.



From all accounts, Bronco and the coaches have a great re pore with each other.



Weirdly enough, Bronco and co. didn't have good re pore with each other even when they were winning. When they were losing it all hit the fan.
I
IowaCougar
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I really like to see this.



From all accounts, Bronco and the coaches have a great re pore with each other.



Weirdly enough, Bronco and co. didn't have good re pore with each other even when they were winning. When they were losing it all hit the fan.


The word is "rapport". Sorry, but I know BYU has pretty high academic standards, and it drives me crazy when I see this stuff! :evil:
B
Brayden Green
yep, got me there.



A side note: What does that have to do w BYU having high academic standards?
D
Ddawg
IowaCougar wrote:
I really like to see this.



From all accounts, Bronco and the coaches have a great re pore with each other.



Weirdly enough, Bronco and co. didn't have good re pore with each other even when they were winning. When they were losing it all hit the fan.


The word is "rapport". Sorry, but I know BYU has pretty high academic standards, and it drives me crazy when I see this stuff! :evil:


Confirming - it is Rapport: It's an old French word. Today it means for two people to feel the same, be in sync, think the same, etc. As a result you have camaraderie, understanding & fellowship. Kinda cool for a Coaching Staff to be firing on a cylinders together. Good stuff Maynard.
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
Personally, after watching the receivers drop pass after pass last year, I'm most excited about the Ben Cahoon hiring. I will be paying particular attention to the receivers to see if I notice a difference in the catching and the "dropping"...
S
scott715
And route running.
B
BigCougsFan
I thought Doman said the same thing as he would beat Bronco on the practice field.



I love it!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


Hmm... razzing backfire?
B
byucougar1
When one has good rapport, needling is something that isn't taken personally and is a sign of an amicable relationship. There is give and take with razzing, it is common in athletics and keeps you humble and can motivate you to bring your "A" game. BTW it also helps build camaraderie.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Further, I honestly think this was Bronco helping Doman feel more comfortable under pretty intense pressure to perform. IN this way Jake and Doman continue to be "linked."

In other words, Either Doman told Bronco he is "sleepless" at nights or Bronco just knows and its tough guy, strategic talk to help take the heat off. "No pressure" = "Hey, man, dont sweat it, I know you want this as bad as anyone. I trust you, so dont be a head-case." Well, I don't know that Bronco would call him a headcase.
S
SpiffCoug
I think Bronco's attempt to use his good rapport to take the pressure off Doman only contributed to it.



Heaps and Doman both played like there was a bunch of pressure on them. Especially in the first half.
C
Cougs_Rule
Maybe. But I think for BD, his nervousness was almost palpable. It was there regardless.

Who knows maybe if the parent (BD) settles down, maybe the son-- the 'golden child' (that was for Bib) will also settle down some. It appeared they both did in the 2nd half. I really think they just needed desperately to get out on the field of play and now they will build on that. They both may not settle down/settle in until after utah.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think Bronco's attempt to use his good rapport to take the pressure off Doman only contributed to it.



Heaps and Doman both played like there was a bunch of pressure on them. Especially in the first half.

I'm going to use your words from another thread and state that we are probably reading into it too much.

It was the first game and there was a lot of pressure. Don't know that some fun had by Coach M did all that much to add to that pressure. But maybe....
S
SpiffCoug
declocoug wrote:
I think Bronco's attempt to use his good rapport to take the pressure off Doman only contributed to it.



Heaps and Doman both played like there was a bunch of pressure on them. Especially in the first half.

I'm going to use your words from another thread and state that we are probably reading into it too much.

It was the first game and there was a lot of pressure. Don't know that some fun had by Coach M did all that much to add to that pressure. But maybe....

HEY! Don't use my words against me!



I'll be be surprised if we see the same jitters the offense seemed to have next week.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I think that Jake and Doman showed we what I needed to see. We were down 13 with a quarter to go. Bronco had NEVER won a game like this as HC at BYU with Anae. Ever. Jake had thrown a pick 6. And then he responded with another great drive culminated with a great TD pass to Apo. When the pressure was truly on late in the game, BYU responded behind Jake and did not quit. 13-7 changed the game, changed the stadium atmosphere, and changed the energy of the D, who came out blazing and helped win it. The team showed heart, grit, resiliency, and did not wilt in the heat of Mississippi, but looked the stronger team in the 2nd half.



What I love about this team is that we play on both sides of the ball. We do not need a million yards passing to win 42-38. We just need to manage the game, limit mistakes, and we can win as a team. The whole team.
B
BroncoBot
Lawboy wrote:

What I love about this team is that we play on both sides of the ball. We do not need a million yards passing to win 42-38.

Great point. It's comforting to know that BYU only needs 300 yards to get a single TD. We really have turned into an SEC team!!!! ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.