B
bpleweLots of possible scenarios have been thrown around here and elsewhere. I would love to hear from everyone a summary of which you think are most likely and which ones will be good for BYU.
1. BYU stays independent, superconference armageddon (SA) happens now (e.g. UT/OU/TT/OSU to Pac-16 in 2012)
2. BYU joins Big XII, SA happens now
3. BYU stays independent, SA happens in 3-5 years
4. BYU joins Big XII, SA happens in 3-5 years (i.e. Big XII is stable for a while)
5. BYU stays independent, SA doesn't happen
6. BYU joins Big XII, SA doesn't happen (i.e. Big XII stays stable).
If I were a betting man, I would put my money on #4, but I wouldn't go all in.
In my opinion, I would rank them, in decreasing order of how good they are for us, 6 (best), 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1 (worst). In other words, whether we join the Big XII or not is less important than whether the football world holds together long enough for us to prove ourselves. The sooner it implodes, the higher the chance we will be left on the outside.
1. BYU stays independent, superconference armageddon (SA) happens now (e.g. UT/OU/TT/OSU to Pac-16 in 2012)
2. BYU joins Big XII, SA happens now
3. BYU stays independent, SA happens in 3-5 years
4. BYU joins Big XII, SA happens in 3-5 years (i.e. Big XII is stable for a while)
5. BYU stays independent, SA doesn't happen
6. BYU joins Big XII, SA doesn't happen (i.e. Big XII stays stable).
If I were a betting man, I would put my money on #4, but I wouldn't go all in.
In my opinion, I would rank them, in decreasing order of how good they are for us, 6 (best), 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1 (worst). In other words, whether we join the Big XII or not is less important than whether the football world holds together long enough for us to prove ourselves. The sooner it implodes, the higher the chance we will be left on the outside.

