Archived Topic

Oklahoma to PAC-12

by byufan4ever · 9/1/2011

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
So, if Oklahoma is intent on leaving the Big-12, are we still all giddy school girls about joining?


Bohls wrote in part: “Should Oklahoma act upon its earnest desires and seek an invitation to join the Pacific-12 Conference – something I’m fully expecting to happen within days, if not hours – that decision could well be the killing blow to the Big 12 while also providing Texas the political cover to follow suit and ask for admission as well.”




http://www.lostlettermen.com/9-1-2011-oklahoma-byu-big12-pac-12/



And



I haven't seen anyone mention this article:



http://www.theupsetblog.com/2011/08/source-byu-contacted-by-big-12.html



I realize that it is dated 8/28, but I just found it today and it provides several points that I have not yet heard, especially this:


BYU's intention is to align itself with both Texas and Notre Dame


However, the article then goes on to say that BYU will follow Notre Dame's lead. To prove his credability he says that he broke the news of independence before any of the local Utah media



Just points to consider...
L
Lawboy
Your info is a day old and bad info. Speculation my a writer the equivalent of PK. Read this:



http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-sports/2011/08/31/larry-scott-pac-12-has-no-expansion-plans-but-could-evaluate-in-future/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Texas will not go to the PAC. Without Texas, they will not take OU and OSU with 2 other schools. They stay at 12.



By the way, BYU is following ND's lead. By all reports, they are invovled in the BYU to Big XII talks. The reason is simple--they do not want superconferences, and if the Big XII folds, it will usher them in, which will force ND to join one. Texas also does not want them. IF they did, they joined last year. Fact is, BYU is the school the plug the hole in the superconference dam. That keeps ND Indy and Texas where they want to be--in the Bi XII with the LHN.
R
redneckjedi
byufan4ever wrote:
So, if Oklahoma is intent on leaving the Big-12, are we still all giddy school girls about joining?


Bohls wrote in part: “Should Oklahoma act upon its earnest desires and seek an invitation to join the Pacific-12 Conference – something I’m fully expecting to happen within days, if not hours – that decision could well be the killing blow to the Big 12 while also providing Texas the political cover to follow suit and ask for admission as well.”




http://www.lostlettermen.com/9-1-2011-oklahoma-byu-big12-pac-12/



And



I haven't seen anyone mention this article:



http://www.theupsetblog.com/2011/08/source-byu-contacted-by-big-12.html



I realize that it is dated 8/28, but I just found it today and it provides several points that I have not yet heard, especially this:


BYU's intention is to align itself with both Texas and Notre Dame


However, the article then goes on to say that BYU will follow Notre Dame's lead. To prove his credability he says that he broke the news of independence before any of the local Utah media



Just points to consider...


I'd really like to know how this guy knows what OU's "earnest desires" are. He's a columnist in an Austin newspaper. What sources does he have into the inner workings of the OU AD?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.