Archived Topic

Alright, I'm calling it...

by redneckjedi · 9/1/2011

Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
Utah loses to Montana St. today.



I just have a gut feeling about this one and wanted to get it on record. :)
N
NCPUMA
does anyone have a good place to watch the game online for out of staters? Now that the ol standby websites are taken down..
L
Lawboy
wish I could agree with you, but I think Utah will be good enough to win at home. This Utah team will be better on D than last year, not as good on O, but overall about the same. That was good enough to beat team they were supposed to, not good enough to be elite. This year will be more of the same.



I do think Utah goes 6-6, though.
F
frdbtr
NCPUMA wrote:
does anyone have a good place to watch the game online for out of staters? Now that the ol standby websites are taken down..




ESPN....oh wait.
R
redneckjedi
Yeah. I know it sounds crazy. I think the last time I went with a crazy underdog like this was Stanford over USC, 2007. If only I had actually put money on it...
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
What, a major college team and their game isn't carried nationally? What would that be like? ;)
B
Brayden Green
I disagree about Utah's D being better this year. It will definitely be worse. The same at best.



They lost their entire secondary. You don't come away from that being better than the year before.
U
urroner
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I disagree about Utah's D being better this year. It will definitely be worse. The same at best.



They lost their entire secondary. You don't come away from that being better than the year before.


The D will definitely be better this year. They throw out all the men and recruited a bunch of :utard: rejected cheerleaders.



Dude, I don't want to mess with them.



Here's their MLB:



http://www.mygirlyspace.com/myspacegraphics/inc/tb.php?l=300&q=70&n=http://images.mygirlyspace.com/myspacegraphics/images/graphics/prod_227_5901.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
NCPUMA wrote:
does anyone have a good place to watch the game online for out of staters? Now that the ol standby websites are taken down..


If you're really interested in watching the Utah game tonight, it is being shown online at utahutes.com, I think.
G
golong
Did anybody see the game? The box score was interesting in that MS played Utah even after the first quarter. Was MS that good? or Utah that bad?
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Utah will be feeling confident after this win (most Ute fans I've heard call this a "solid win vs. a very good FCS team"), but 27-10 vs. Montana State is pretty sad. I think it's gonna be a rough year for the snot.
D
DarthMagnus
Agree with Shmoe.



Offensive Stats were almost identical to Montana St., with the exception of 2 turnovers. Maybe they can just chalk that up to holding their cards until they play USC, but I would be worried...
D
Dcr36
Wynn = 15/23 101 yds 4.4 ypa vs. Montana State = Detmer-esque!
S
SpiffCoug
Wynn's PER was 130.80. Which is ok. It's a level BYU only reached five times last year, winning four of them. Montana State's was 105.77.
L
Lawboy
Wynn did not take too many shots down the field. Not sure if it was be design, or his inability to read the field. His mechanics looked really bad, like he had a shoulder issue and was short arming everything. Not the same as 2 years ago, that is for sure.
Advertisement
G
Guest
pretty boring game, unless you like watching two teams that look pretty inept.
T
tmoney35
My thoughts after looking at the box score (because I couldn't find it it on tv)...hahahahahhahaha!!!!!!



4-13 on 3rd down. Barely gaining more total yards than an FBS team. Makes me happy
D
Ddawg
The Yewts won - but it should have been a dominating blow out.



Final - Yewts 27, Montana St. 10



Total Yards: Utah 292, Montana St. 258

Passing Yds: Utah 101, Montana St. 183

Rushing Yds: Utah 191, Montana St. 75
S
SpiffCoug
I thought Utah's running back, White, looked pretty good. Their defense looked solid, but I didn't see this dominating DL that Kyle Gunther has been calling the deepest in the country. I thought like looked "exploit-able" on defense, even if pretty good.
R
radius19
SpiffCoug wrote:
I thought Utah's running back, White, looked pretty good. Their defense looked solid, but I didn't see this dominating DL that Kyle Gunther has been calling the deepest in the country. I thought like looked "exploit-able" on defense, even if pretty good.


Agreed. White looked pretty good, good runner, good balance. Liked the way he ran. BUT, and a huge BUT, Wynn looked awful. I watched about a quarter and a half of the game and he was miserable. I think he didn't go down field because he's not capable. The only throws over 10 yards were floated and could have been picked, one in particular the wide receiver had a couple yards on the corner and the throw took so long to get there that the corner broke it up in the end zone. If I were a yewt I would be worried about it and then I would kick myself in the groin for being a yewt...

Best part of the night? My TV picks up the text that comes with the signal (yes, I'm still on rabbit ears, being house poor and everything for a while) and across the top of my TV when I turned it to kjzz it said "High School Football." My wife and I laughed so hard that my 1 year old starting laughing with us. Classic.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.