Archived Topic

The Upset Blog: BYU Will Follow Notre Dame

by byufan4ever · 9/1/2011

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
I haven't seen anyone mention this article:



http://www.theupsetblog.com/2011/08/source-byu-contacted-by-big-12.html



I realize that it is dated 8/28, but I just found it and it provides several points that I have not yet heard, especially this:


BYU's intention is to align itself with both Texas and Notre Dame


However, the article then goes on to say that BYU will follow Notre Dame's lead. To prove his credability he says that he broke the news of independence before any of the local Utah media.
D
DarthMagnus
This is a great read and makes a lot of sense.
D
Ddawg
Interesting premise - that BYU is closely watching. I believe it. They have been very successful. We also sought them out & signed a contract to play each other. Good for both teams. We shall see.
B
BigCougsFan
Jay Drew was on 1280 yesterday. He said Notre Dame is attending these BXII meetings and I swear he said, Notre Dame is counseling BYU on what to do. I got the impression BYU and Notre Dame have a secret relationship. Which I don't like.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
BigCougsFan wrote:
Jay Drew was on 1280 yesterday. He said Notre Dame is attending these BXII meetings and I swear he said, Notre Dame is counseling BYU on what to do. I got the impression BYU and Notre Dame have a secret relationship. Which I don't like.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Notre Dame has built such a football empire for themselves that they have an amazing TV contract, nationwide fans, a sweetheart deal with the BCS, and are ranked every year regardless of how they performed the previous year. Why wouldn't we want to be talking with them about what is the best move for our football team?
Advertisement
N
nuk13
The football grid of shame reveals that Notre Dame has finished 14 of the last 18 years with fewer AP points than at the start of the season. I don't think we should follow much of what they do.
B
bplewe
I don't mind if we follow them like little puppies off the field, if they can help improve our situation (although I'm still having a difficult time believing that they really want to help us), but on the field, we should pay no attention to what they do. one good year every ten doesn't warrant the love (or Mormon polynesian linebackers) they get.



Emotionally, I'm not sure I can deal with ND being our best friends.
C
Cougarbib
bplewe wrote:
I don't mind if we follow them like little puppies off the field, if they can help improve our situation (although I'm still having a difficult time believing that they really want to help us), but on the field, we should pay no attention to what they do. one good year every ten doesn't warrant the love (or Mormon polynesian linebackers) they get.



Emotionally, I'm not sure I can deal with ND being our best friends.

We have no friends in the PAC, the MTN West all hate us. We rival ND and Texas for most hated team in America. So which of our many friends and supporters can you deal with emotionally.

? Just asking?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
nuk13 wrote:
The football grid of shame reveals that Notre Dame has finished 14 of the last 18 years with fewer AP points than at the start of the season. I don't think we should follow much of what they do.


That's shows that they have a great image and great PR, but let's not take any advice from their coaches.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.