Archived Topic

New Article on Rivals

by superchargedcougar · 8/31/2011

Advertisement
S
superchargedcougar
There's a new article on rivals that says that BYU would get into a BCS game automatically if they are ranked 3-5



check it out here http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1258255



I'm freaking out about the B12 news. What will happen? Will we go the route everyone thinks we should or stick with independence? I have no idea
B
bball
Stick with independence.
V
vancouvercougar
I want the Big 12, but I feel we are sticking with independence.
B
BYULV
Ranked 3-5 and getting snubbed from a BCS bowl would likely be the last straw for the BCS legitimacy. I don't know that we have a guarantee, but i think an invite would be a given at that ranking.
S
StatsCougar
BCS bylaw are if you are ranked in the top 4, you automatically go to a BCS game. That how Utah go in in 2004 IIRC.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
StatsCougar wrote:
BCS bylaw are if you are ranked in the top 4, you automatically go to a BCS game. That how Utah go in in 2004 IIRC.


If BYU is undefeated and Independent, how likely are we to be ranked #4 or better? I could see a scenario this year where we are undefeated, ranked in the top ten, and screwed out of the BCS.
S
SpiffCoug
StatsCougar wrote:
BCS bylaw are if you are ranked in the top 4, you automatically go to a BCS game. That how Utah go in in 2004 IIRC.

Bylaws have changed since then. I don't know if that was one of that did.
Y
Y 4 Ever
SpiffCoug wrote:
BCS bylaw are if you are ranked in the top 4, you automatically go to a BCS game. That how Utah go in in 2004 IIRC.

Bylaws have changed since then. I don't know if that was one of that did.


At the time a non auto bcs team was guaranteed a spot if in the top 6. Arter yewts busted bcs, it changed to 12 a couple years later.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metallicat
bball wrote:
Stick with independence.

Only if you're content with the country thinking of you as a "mid-major".
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.