Archived Topic

My thoughts

by byutx · 8/30/2011

Advertisement
B
byutx
"I'm baaa-aaaaack."



Hey fellas, long time no see. Life in my new law practice has taken me away from CC recently, but as the new season draws near and with the looming possibility of conference news I figue it is a good time to get back into the game. I must admit that I have been cheating on you with Cougarboard. The fact is that what I value most about CC (and what I valueD about cougarblue before the realists, porn and the Herald nutjobs ruined it) is the depth and quality of discussion here-but there is also a downside to that.



I believe thoughts and ideas are more well refined and discussed and, to borrow a colleague's words, you don't get buried on page 3 in 10 minutes like you do on Cougarboard. However, that depth and quality of discussion requires somewhat of a time commitment-the process of positing, refining and discussing ideas does, in fact, take time. Cougarboard, on the other hand, is a one-night-stand of noise disguised as information. I have wandered over to that board mostly because the weakness of its format is also a strength-news gets out quick. And between that, twitter and TBS I have gotten tons of the info that I need in a short term. I have not had a lot of time to make time for Cougarcorner, but I am making more of an effort to do so now and, as the prodigal fan, I return repentant and hopeful that my cougarcorner brothers (and the occasional sisters) will forgive my absence and transgression and re welcome me into the fold.



I believe I have somewhat of a good reputation among the oldtimers from cougarblue and I hope to rebuild that rep throughout the season as well as establish it for the first time among some of the newer members of this forum. I expect my posting here will increase inversely proportionate to my posting on cougarboard. I am excited to be back and hope all is well throughout all cougardom.



And, now, let me state that I have heard from a solid source that a certain non-athletic dept. is in the process of developing strategies and plans for what my source says is a bona fide offer to join the Big XII. That is what I was told. I believe there is a good chance that the offer is contingent upon Texas A&M leaving the conference, which I suspect will be announced today or, if not, soon. I believe we will accept the offer and play the 2012 football season in the Big XII, with all other sports joining in 2013. Sunday play is not an issue. Hurting WCC feelings is not an issue. Contractual obligations are not going to be an issue. Ticking off espn is not going to be a significant issue. Finally, let me speculate a bit that the timing of the Emery/Haws commit and the current discussion on realignment is not coincidental. I am GUESSING that coach Rose was able to at least hint to them, if not outright tell them, about our likely move to the Big XII.



P.S. BYU's football team should have a 1996-esque year.

P.P.S. BYU 31, Ole Miss 17
M
mcgregor
byutx wrote:

I believe I have somewhat of a good reputation among the oldtimers from cougarblue . . . .


Dude, you have a HORRIBLE reputation.





;)
B
byutx
mcgregor wrote:

I believe I have somewhat of a good reputation among the oldtimers from cougarblue . . . .


Dude, you have a HORRIBLE reputation.





;)

From one prodigal to another, huh?
Y
Y12
My response.



If you are going to try and get back into our good graces, that is a good way to do it.



BYU does need to go to the Big XII if invited--for all the same reasons BYU went independent.
C
Cougarfan87
What about me? I've been here all along. Where's my feast?
Advertisement
G
Guest
Wow, we're getting the whole band back together (see how deep and insightful this comment was, it definitely adds several minutes to the discussion and debate!)
S
scott715
So have you talked to your Bishop about your harlot visits? Welcome back. Let's kill a lamb and have a feast!
B
byutx
@87 Well done. As always, when I read your posts I hear Michael Scott's voice, which made your post even funnier.



@hawk let's rock, let's rock today



@scott Nothing to the bishop, but I will share a repent-imony next week during F&T meeting
N
nogbody
welcome back! I've broken too many mice using cougarboard (too many clicks on that site) plus as a web designer it hurts my feelings. Thanks for your knowledge BYUtx
B
BoiseBYU
I'm just glad BYUTX has thoughts! Welcome back! As for my sources--the best I got is Webster's Collegiate Dictionary--2003 ed.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Welcome back, BYUTx. We missed you and value your insight and opinion.
F
Florwood
I've liked your insights from back when your screen name was idiotics. Or something like that. Welcome back!
C
Cougarfan87
I will add that I believe something is definitely in the works with the Big XII. Here's why. I asked my source inside the program about an offer from the Big XII...nothing. I send a different message asking about something else and I get an immediate response.



Typically this person has been very open with me, so I think not saying anything was saying something. If BYU was not in talks, this person would have probably just told me "No, I haven't heard anything about that." Ever heard of the phrase, the silence is defeaning?
P
ProV1
Cougarfan87 wrote:
What about me? I've been here all along. Where's my feast?

(Yelling) I've always been the good guy, (trailing off) I've always been the good guy. (Can you tell my youth sunday school teacher rarely showed? I can also quote Johnny Lingo verbatim.)
C
Cougarfan87
ProV1 wrote:
What about me? I've been here all along. Where's my feast?

(Yelling) I've always been the good guy, (trailing off) I've always been the good guy. (Can you tell my youth sunday school teacher rarely showed? I can also quote Johnny Lingo verbatim.)


That was one of my favorite videos to show on my mission--because it always reminded me of home in Utah.



This was my favorite line.

"?No sabes, Jim? Siempre hago lo que quiero." I'm not sure how it is said precisely in the English version, but in Spanish he is saying, "Don't you know, Jim? I always do what I want."
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
nogbody wrote:
welcome back! I've broken too many mice using cougarboard (too many clicks on that site) plus as a web designer it hurts my feelings. Thanks for your knowledge BYUtx

What's ironic is I have in fact broken the scrolling part of my mouse just reading too much byu sports info here, and on cougarblue before.
C
CougarClaw
byutx wrote:
Finally, let me speculate a bit that the timing of the Emery/Haws commit and the current discussion on realignment is not coincidental. I am GUESSING that coach Rose was able to at least hint to them, if not outright tell them, about our likely move to the Big XII.


So Rose was able to tell Emery and Haws but not Loveridge? I guess things have been moving everyday in a different direction so perhaps they didn't know by the time Loveridge wanted to commit, or perhaps Rose spilled the beans in reaction to Loveridge's love affair with BCS conferences.



In light of loveridge's comments on the Plaque-12, hard to imagine he was told BYU might be going to the Big 12.
M
mizzoucoug
Good to have you back. I am with you as far as being a traitor goes. I head over to Rumorboard all the time because it is the best format for quick-hitting news. Other than that it's a cesspool of low-quality discussion.



Disagree about Emery and Haws though. I am pretty sure those 2 were coming to the Y no matter what--I doubt the Big 12 move made much difference except to say "extra cool."
B
BoiseBYU
CougarClaw wrote:
Finally, let me speculate a bit that the timing of the Emery/Haws commit and the current discussion on realignment is not coincidental. I am GUESSING that coach Rose was able to at least hint to them, if not outright tell them, about our likely move to the Big XII.


So Rose was able to tell Emery and Haws but not Loveridge? I guess things have been moving everyday in a different direction so perhaps they didn't know by the time Loveridge wanted to commit, or perhaps Rose spilled the beans in reaction to Loveridge's love affair with BCS conferences.



In light of loveridge's comments on the Plaque-12, hard to imagine he was told BYU might be going to the Big 12.

LOL Loveridge opted to play in the PAC 12 and exciting games at WSU, Oregon State etc when he could be playing at Kansas and TX etc....assuming this all goes down as it appears
B
Brayden Green
Booyeah! Welcome Back!



(When was the last time McGregor and Tx were on the same thread?) :)



BYU has a great chance at 12-0 this year! Buckle up, ladies and gentlemen. It is about to get REAL!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.