Archived Topic

New commits HUGE!!

by frdbtr · 8/30/2011

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Here is a tweet by Greg Wrubell:



"Great news for BYU Basketball: Lone Peak HS's Nick Emery and T.J. Haws both committed to Cougar head coach Dave Rose tonight."
B
BroncoBot
Awesome. I'm way excited about these 2. Welcome to BYU fellas.
S
scott715
Just heard the news. FANtastic. Maybe they heard we were joining the Big12 and wanted to commmit to help seal the deal.
S
snoscythe
I love this: ""You never play before an empty crowd at BYU, and I love that," said Emery.



Take that Ute fans.
C
CougarClaw
snoscythe wrote:
I love this: ""You never play before an empty crowd at BYU, and I love that," said Emery.



Take that Ute fans.


yes but those are PAC-12 Empty seats.
Advertisement
U
urroner
CougarClaw wrote:
I love this: ""You never play before an empty crowd at BYU, and I love that," said Emery.



Take that Ute fans.


yes but those are PAC-12 Empty seats.


That is true CC. I have heard tale that an empty PAC-12 seat, especially if it's a empty :utard: seat, is worth a lot more than a filled BYU seat. It might be true, but I ain't "buying" it.
B
byucougar1
http://www.deseretnews.com/m/article/705389963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Emery: 6-1/Jr / 21 ppg

Haws: 6-2/So/13.6 ppg



Still time to improve their game and grow taller before they graduate. Could be the next Jimmer-Emery duo. Great tandem!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
It's been a great week so far and we're not even playing. Davies, Emery and Haws--all in one week. Welcome aboard!
I
Isola
I hope they both grow a few more inches, but they probably will.



Big get.
G
Gunk
Very cool!



Now we just need a commit from Davies replacement and we're set.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
This makes recruiting others 100 times easier; if only because of the time now opened up. The recruitment of Kyle C. and Tyler Haws took much more effort. Having Emery jr. and Haws jr. committed so early will allow Coach Rose and staff much more time to concentrate on building a final four caliber team with other recruits like Jabari, etc.
S
superchargedcougar
craigoscarson wrote:
This makes recruiting others 100 times easier; if only because of the time now opened up. The recruitment of Kyle C. and Tyler Haws took much more effort. Having Emery jr. and Haws jr. committed so early will allow Coach Rose and staff much more time to concentrate on building a final four caliber team with other recruits like Jabari, etc.


that just makes me really excited
C
CougarClaw
craigoscarson wrote:
This makes recruiting others 100 times easier; if only because of the time now opened up. The recruitment of Kyle C. and Tyler Haws took much more effort. Having Emery jr. and Haws jr. committed so early will allow Coach Rose and staff much more time to concentrate on building a final four caliber team with other recruits like Jabari, etc.


and.....Cory Calvert?



well. jimmer was a 2 star....
B
byucougar1
Danny Ainge's son, a 6-0 point guard will now be attending BYU and be on the team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
byucougar1 wrote:
Danny Ainge's son, a 6-0 point guard will now be attending BYU and be on the team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Another one. Is he better than his brother?
Advertisement
S
scott715
He's a walkon, while his brother was scholarship I think.
N
nuk13
Is Ainge's wife above 5 feet?
O
oldestlion
How great it is to get quality kids like you do. At LMU, with our tiny, less than 5,000 seat arena, we get the leftovers. Maybe if we got Rick Majerus (sp>) to coach and got the Hiltons to build a big arena we could compete with you guys. Didn't the Utes, under Majerus, used to beat BYU all the time? I think they even got to the NCAA finals.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.