Archived Topic

Big 12 Distraction

by Wickchad · 8/28/2011

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
Anyone worried about the timing of the conference realignments being a distraction? It is game week and all the players are going to hear about is the Big 12 news. I hope if the announcement is made on Thursday that the players don't come out flat on Saturday.
C
CAFB_04-12
I wonder if Bronco has even heard such rumblings. I would think that Holmoe would let him be till there were something solid on the table.
B
BroncoBot
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Anyone worried about the timing of the conference realignments being a distraction? It is game week and all the players are going to hear about is the Big 12 news. I hope if the announcement is made on Thursday that the players don't come out flat on Saturday.

Was actually wondering the same thing this morning. We'll find out in 6 days!!!!!!!
C
Cougs_Rule
Happened last year at this time. Bronco will be even better at having his troops focused. With this early schedule how could he not.
C
CAFB_04-12
I don't think expansion movement trumped lack of QB prep last year as far as distractions went.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Agreed. The point is, Bronco knows how to deal with eliminating/minimizing distractions.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
Obviously, I have no idea what's its really like to be a football player for a big-time college team, but I imagine the excitement of the season to start and the chance to stick it to a couple BCS teams right off the bat after waiting the entire offseason trumps whatever is stirring in the rumor mill
L
Lawboy
I think it is a much bigger distraction for fans than it is for players. Players practice every day this week and last, watch film, and run reps to prep for Ole Miss. When they are on the field, last thing they think about is Big XII. Perhaps they talk some off the field, but they are human. I think they are more pumped for the first game than any rumor talks. Not worried about the players or staff at all on this issue.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.