Archived Topic

Weather Forcast for Oxford on Sep 3rd

by MojoCougar · 8/26/2011

Advertisement
M
MojoCougar
Weather.com is predicting a daytime high of 89 degrees with humidity @ 61%. There is also a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of hearing about the conditions being such a huge factor. I have a feeling they will be so pumped up to play that it's going to take much worse conditions than that to slow them down. Can't wait for kickoff!!! :D
S
stuckinbig10country
Only 89. That's better than it could have been.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
So basically, the weather is what we have experienced here in freaking Utah the last 2 weeks straight!



(Bites nails nervously)



How are we ever going to deal with weather just like ours at a much lower altitude?!?!?!?
B
BYULV
97.9 degrees is the heat index in those conditions, so basically a very pleasant day where I'm from and a warm, but nice day in Utah.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
The heat index is a bunk measurement. Unless you are measuring a room in a uniformed dress code school, with people all the same height, weight, age and - oh yeah, they all have to be related to each other - the heat index can't apply to a general base.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Thats pretty good news. It is a reality. The southeast has been warmer than usual this summer. If the temps were 90-95 with 70-90% humidity--could have been very possible--it would have mattered to some of the players. Human bodies have differing reactions to that type of heat. But, it looks like the temps wont be that bad. So we may only have one or two players struggle, but our depth, with smart substitution, and this forecast, I think some of you are right, weather will be a NON-Factor.
I
imuakahuku
What nobody has mentioned was our (BYU's) secret formula for success in very hot and humid conditions...PICKLE JUICE!



Bring it on because they will be ready for it! :evil:
B
Brayden Green
imuakahuku wrote:
What nobody has mentioned was our (BYU's) secret formula for success in very hot and humid conditions...PICKLE JUICE!



Bring it on because they will be ready for it! :evil:


Pickle juice is always a secret formula for success. Not just in hot and humid conditions.... 8) :P
O
OleMissInPeace
If it rains early that morning....it will be hard to breathe. Plus factor in the sun on the artificial turf(gets hotter than grass & reflects). Might not be as bad as I thought it was gonna be. There is also a heat wave moving through that week...
C
Cougs_Rule
OleMissInPeace wrote:
If it rains early that morning....it will be hard to breathe. Plus factor in the sun on the artificial turf(gets hotter than grass & reflects). Might not be as bad as I thought it was gonna be. There is also a heat wave moving through that week...


yep. the heat wave is called BYU "white boys" and their forgotten colored friends.



What do you guys do, have heat panels underneath the playing field? I think you mean radiates and reflects. In fact, Im having a hard time breathing right now? just playin OMIP. I appreciate your civility and caring for our vanilla ice cream boys. Just dont be shortin us those big wind/mist machines. :-)
Advertisement
O
OleMissInPeace
dmcougar wrote:
If it rains early that morning....it will be hard to breathe. Plus factor in the sun on the artificial turf(gets hotter than grass & reflects). Might not be as bad as I thought it was gonna be. There is also a heat wave moving through that week...


yep. the heat wave is called BYU "white boys" and their forgotten colored friends.



What do you guys do, have heat panels underneath the playing field? I think you mean radiates and reflects. In fact, Im having a hard time breathing right now? just playin OMIP. I appreciate your civility and caring for our vanilla ice cream boys. Just dont be shortin us those big wind/mist machines. :-)


You should know Mississippi is poor, we can't afford that fancy equipment.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm excited to play on artificial turf. BYU has played well on the stuff in recent years.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.