Archived Topic

Barry Brunetti Named Starter vs. BYU

by OleMissInPeace · 8/24/2011

Advertisement
O
OleMissInPeace
Zack Stoudt will also play and Randall Mackey is apparently suspended :(.
D
DesertCougar
thanks for the news and updates through out camp. It just helps to get everyone he more pumped up about the game. Sorry to hear about the suspension...but not that sorry ;)
L
Lawboy
After Mackey got suspended, figured this would happen. I bet Mackey is starting before the season ends. Which means Brunetti will not get it done.
J
jonnylingo
Oh, that is too bad. I was enjoying the fact that they were having to split reps.
B
Brayden Green
and subsequently took out a hefty life insurance policy, watching tape of BYU vs. Oklahoma
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Brunetti is a junior college transfer isn't he? I think he was pretty good in JC. But, this will be his first game in a Div. I game - against Div. Defensive talent. I expect Brunetti to be good - but wait till Van Noy & Ziggy start chasing him around in the backfield & he can't get away. Ha-ha-ha! He'll wonder what those guys are eating to be so fast! LOL!
K
kiwibacon
Ddawg wrote:
Brunetti is a junior college transfer isn't he? I think he was pretty good in JC. But, this will be his first game in a Div. I game - against Div. Defensive talent. I expect Brunetti to be good - but wait till Van Noy & Ziggy start chasing him around in the backfield & he can't get away. Ha-ha-ha! He'll wonder what those guys are eating to be so fast! LOL!

Brunetti played at West Virginia last year (don't think he started or played much). He got a waiver to transfer without having to sit out a year because his transfer was so he could be closer to his mother who is having medical issues?
O
OleMissInPeace
Yes, Brunetti played early in the year and then told the coach he wanted to transfer. They quit playing him and used someone who was gonna stay. Brunetti's mother was in a bad car wreck and still has problems. She lives in Memphis, Tn which is like an hour drive for him.



On twitter he said something to the effect "last year I was all tears getting on the plane leaving my mom. This year I'm all smiles driving down the highway to school."

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Smart move by Ole Miss coaches in naming a starter.
O
OleMissInPeace
Ddawg wrote:
Brunetti is a junior college transfer isn't he? I think he was pretty good in JC. But, this will be his first game in a Div. I game - against Div. Defensive talent. I expect Brunetti to be good - but wait till Van Noy & Ziggy start chasing him around in the backfield & he can't get away. Ha-ha-ha! He'll wonder what those guys are eating to be so fast! LOL!


Randall Mackey and Stoudt are Juco guys. Mackey was first team all-American ahead of Cam Newton. He had some crazy stats, led Juco with 3,122 yards and second with 32 td's passing. 579 yards rushing 5 td's.



Highschool 3k passing 1k rushing 33 passing td's 17 rushing 3 straight 4-A titles in Louisiana.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.