Archived Topic

Fall Camp is Over Early - How Do You Interpret It?

by DesertCougar · 8/24/2011

Advertisement
D
DesertCougar
Greg Wrubell Tweeted that Bronco canceled Wednesday's practice and will start prep for Ole Miss on Thursday.



I have not always been such an ardent fan of BYU, so some of you may be able to help me out here. I have heard of teams taking a day off for a team activity, but do coaches (much less Bronco) ever/usually cancel a day of practice towards the end of fall camp? Also, when do teams usually begin to prep for the first game of the year. My experience has been that starting prep for Ole Miss on Thursday is nothing big, but canceling a day of camp to finish up fall camp is not normal. :skeptic:



What does this mean? What is your take?



I guess my point is that I think Bronco knows something we don't. I posted about it before. He has been different this off season...the word that comes to mind is giddy. It made me think that he knows something we don't, something has him excited unlike before...which has me excited. I don't know what I should be excited for, but Bronco has me juiced! The season cannot come fast enough! :evil:
L
Lawboy
My take is that BYU has its depth chart in place now and has decided who they have slotted in the key position battles, so they can now start getting ready for Ole Miss. It also means that the team could use a day off as it has been a very physical camp. Bronco has continually made comments about that being something they want more of and look at on film.



Also means that the coaches can take all day tomorrow to look at film and start getting ready for Ole Miss, and perhaps taking a peak at Texas as well. Extra prep time is always a good thing, if you know who your starters and back ups will be. Means that this team is ready to go, and we have a leg up on preparing for our opponent while they still try to figure out who they want to play QB and other positions.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Means the team is doing great and has exceeded expectations and is ready to start focusing on opponents instead of themselves.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stuckinbig10country
I think it only means that there was no reason to have a scrimmage tomorrow, which is all it would have been.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wickchad
Hasn't there been a "surprise" team outing each year where the team thinks they are headed to practice and then the bus shows up and they go to a movie or something. I think they saw Batman one year. My guess is they just aren't doing that this year. I'd rather have the coaches watching film than Batman.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I thought the surprise team outing was last week when they went to that water park.



I think the team is just ready to get going on the season.
C
crh55
They already took a mistery outing to Provo Beach Resort, last week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I think its very positive now. I hope that "we finished early" or "we're THAT good" doesnt go to their heads.
R
redneckjedi
I take as an acknowledgement that our schedule is front-loaded and there's no way we can afford to start slow. The offense needs to be firing on all cylinders from the very beginning if we want to get through those first 4 games. With a new OC, installing that offense will take extra time, and it's something better done out of the view of your opponent. You obviously can't start doing that if your fundamentals aren't ready, but as soon as they are, why wait? It says the team is willing to work hard and that because of that work, they are ahead of schedule.
C
Cougarbib
Bronco seems to have started taking steps to minimize injuries the past two years and again this year and that seems to be working. He has done so in Spring as well. Probably wise. I hope they are ready. The early schedule will punish them if they are not.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Just because the players aren't practicing today doesn't mean that the coaches aren't hard at work with planning and film etc.
N
NCPUMA
just hoping the team doesn't get overconfident. This could be a trap game for a team that thinks they're da bomb from reading their own camp reports.
K
Kbear
From all that I have read, I do not get the impression that anybody on the team is overconfident, just confident. :angry:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.