Archived Topic

Cougars vs Cougars-Houston CFB series announced

by StatsCougar · 8/23/2011

Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
This I like.



Mostly because I live in Texas. :)
L
Lawboy
2 games. 2013 @ Houston, 2014 at LES.



That makes 3 C-USA teams we have added since going Indy (UCF, S. Miss, and Houston). Appears we are replacing the WAC schools with C-USA teams after 2012. An upgrade for sure, but not seismic. Need more BCS level schools to add weight to the schedule. But these games add solid mid-level opponents.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Lawboy wrote:
2 games. 2013 @ Houston, 2014 at LES.



That makes 3 C-USA teams we have added since going Indy (UCF, S. Miss, and Houston). Appears we are replacing the WAC schools with C-USA teams after 2012. An upgrade for sure, but not seismic. Need more BCS level schools to add weight to the schedule. But these games add solid mid-level opponents.


Desperate for home games in 2014 - road slate is pretty much full. Houston at home is solid in that year...but I agree - need some more sexy announcements now.
S
scott715
I view this as an upgrade from a WAC team. I like that. 2014 has seven good games plus Utah St which I like.
Advertisement
K
kiwibacon
Lawboy wrote:
2 games. 2013 @ Houston, 2014 at LES.



That makes 3 C-USA teams we have added since going Indy (UCF, S. Miss, and Houston). Appears we are replacing the WAC schools with C-USA teams after 2012. An upgrade for sure, but not seismic. Need more BCS level schools to add weight to the schedule. But these games add solid mid-level opponents.

I kind of like the CUSA additions we have if for not the simple fact that they may be comparable to MWC or WAC in quality of play....they are in the East and give more exposure to the east coast.
S
scott715
The top half of MWC. We need to get away from playing bottom half teams in our schedule. Utah St. is the exception.
K
kiwibacon
kiwibacon wrote:
2 games. 2013 @ Houston, 2014 at LES.



That makes 3 C-USA teams we have added since going Indy (UCF, S. Miss, and Houston). Appears we are replacing the WAC schools with C-USA teams after 2012. An upgrade for sure, but not seismic. Need more BCS level schools to add weight to the schedule. But these games add solid mid-level opponents.

I kind of like the CUSA additions we have if for not the simple fact that they may be comparable to MWC or WAC in quality of play....they are in the East and give more exposure to the east coast.

Let me clarify this too though, I would prefer to be scheduling mostly schools in AQ conferences that are lower to mid tier with a few top tier programs every year. We already have that going with our scheduled games with the :utard:...They meet that lower tier of the AQ conferences. :evil:
S
scott715
I would like a schedule that is all or almost all top 60 teams with a couple top 25 teams.
M
mormonrasta
kiwibacon wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
2 games. 2013 @ Houston, 2014 at LES.



That makes 3 C-USA teams we have added since going Indy (UCF, S. Miss, and Houston). Appears we are replacing the WAC schools with C-USA teams after 2012. An upgrade for sure, but not seismic. Need more BCS level schools to add weight to the schedule. But these games add solid mid-level opponents.

I kind of like the CUSA additions we have if for not the simple fact that they may be comparable to MWC or WAC in quality of play....they are in the East and give more exposure to the east coast.

Let me clarify this too though, I would prefer to be scheduling mostly schools in AQ conferences that are lower to mid tier with a few top tier programs every year. We already have that going with our scheduled games with the :utard:...They meet that lower tier of the AQ conferences. :evil:


I agree with this. If BYU can't play "major" teams let them play "nonmajor" teams from prime recruiting areas like Texas.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.