Archived Topic

Chatman and Loveridge narrow lists to 4 schools

by byucougar1 · 8/20/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Chatman: BYU, Stanford, Utah, Washington State

Loveridge: BYU Weber State, Utah, AZ - note Wildcats are yet to offer.



http://www.therecruitscoop.com/chatman-loveridge-down-to-four-schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Would Chatman + Loveridge = Jabari?
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
Would Chatman + Loveridge = Jabari?

What would Chatman + Loveridge + Jabari + Emery + Haws = ?



Final Four?
B
BroncoBot
Mars, that team would be sick. The stuff recruiters and fans dream of.



I'm not going to get my hopes up for all of them though, but it would be nice.
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:
Would Chatman + Loveridge = Jabari?

What would Chatman + Loveridge + Jabari + Emery + Haws = ?



Final Four?

Maybe if you're rounding down.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Don't forget about Collinsworth coming back from Russia with love.
B
beauso79
Mars wrote:
Would Chatman + Loveridge = Jabari?

What would Chatman + Loveridge + Jabari + Emery + Haws = ?



Final Four?


Wouldn't Harrison still be around as well??
T
tmoney35
byucougar1 wrote:
Loveridge: BYU Weber State, Utah, AZ - note Wildcats are yet to offer.


Now those are two schools you rarely see on the same player's radar
B
bluesince82
Harmon reporting that Loveridge is going to Utah - bummer.
S
SpiffCoug
Why would you pick Utah? I think they'd be #3 on my list of any in-state school.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
This is a direct result of Tommy Connor being on the staff up at Utah. Recruiting in Utah will become much, much tougher simply because of this guy. I still don't understand why he wasn't the choice for head coach there. This is the first state of Utah scholarship that Utah has had on their team since Green a few years back.



This is a kid we get easily if we are in the Big 12 and not WCC. Just saying.
S
SpiffCoug
I don't believe conference affiliation had anything to do with this.
T
ThrowbackBlue
SpiffCoug wrote:
I don't believe conference affiliation had anything to do with this.


Quite the contrary. In speaking with Jordan and a couple BYU coaches this is the primary reason why he's not coming to BYU. (immediate playing time was also a big factor)



For anybody who believes BYU is not being hurt by affiliating it's non-football sports with the WCC you are mistaken. (I realize your comment may have been TIC as well)



I can only pray a BIG12 invite comes soon. It would be paramount in landing Jabari.
S
SpiffCoug
He didn't want to come to BYU. You can accomplish more at BYU in the WCC than you can wallowing in the bottom of the PAC12 at Utah.
A
ABYUFAN
I agree with Spiff on this, I get the Conference chatter... but really, the Utes ask "why would you play in a conference where all of your ROAD games are in crappy high school gyms?" the Answer to this is "why would you want to play for a loosing team where all of your HOME games are played in a crappy 1-AA gym? "
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
If he wanted to play in the PAC12 he could have chosen another school. Here's a metaphor: If I want to be a Marine, I don't join the Air Force because the Air Force is also in the Department of Defense.



Jimmer showed last year that your conference is irrelevant.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
Why would you pick Utah? I think they'd be #3 on my list of any in-state school.


That high?



1. BYU

2. USU

3. Weber

4. SUU

5. Westminster

6. Alta High School















14. Utah
B
blue42
SpiffCoug wrote:
I don't believe conference affiliation had anything to do with this.


This has everything about conference affiliation. He was interviewed on the radio yesterday and he was asked point blank if utah wasn't in the PAC 12 would his choice be different and he said yes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Bottom line is this: A bad program is a bad program regardless of what conference it's in. You really joined a Utah team that was competing to stay out of dead last in the MWC because they're in the PAC? The kid sounds like a perfect fit for the U, good luck to him.
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
Bottom line is this: A bad program is a bad program regardless of what conference it's in. You really joined a Utah team that was competing to stay out of dead last in the MWC because they're in the PAC? The kid sounds like a perfect fit for the U, good luck to him.

I think the whole conference affiliation can be an easy excuse for not choosing BYU, especially in basketball where Utah has been downright pathetic lately.



I know that with my background and family I wouldn't want to admit that I choose Utah because I could party there and not get kicked out. I'd definitely go with the "utah just has superior conference affiliation" line and avoid my real reasons. I'm not saying that that is THE reason Loveridge chose utah, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of person he becomes at the "u". Maybe it was just playing time and conference affiliation, but after what Jimmer just did, it's a weak sauce argument.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.