Archived Topic

Comparing the quarterback image

by Ungoy · 8/20/2011

Advertisement
U
Ungoy
I just have to say again how glad I am that BYU has Jake Heaps at the helm, instead of Jordan Wynn. Aside from the fact that Heaps looks more solid and healthy than Wynn, and seems to be maturing into a much better QB, Heaps looks the part of a QB. Over on rumor board, there is no lack of posts regarding Wynn and his physical appearance, pointing out that with his long hair and such that he looks like a girl. I tend to stay away from such conversation, but it's hard to ignore. I look at the picture on this D-News article, and am reminded how much happier I am that Heaps is quarterbacking BYU...



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700172052/Utah-Utes-football-notebook-Jordan-Wynn-returns-after-fighting-the-flu.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I'm sorry, but unless the camera people are just trying to take the most feminine looking pictures of Wynn, this is just sad.



Compare that to the picture in this article from about a year ago for Heaps:



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700067644/Jake-Heaps-inherits-all-of-Cougars-QB-focus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K
Kajdin
Not to mention their stats coming out of camp.



Heaps: mostly awesome with a few off days

Wynn: Not sure they won't let him throw. . .
U
Ungoy
If's funny to hear KWhitt say "We're a little bit behind offensively."



Translation: "Our offense is struggling mightily. Our offensive line has more holes than swiss cheese, our quarterback can't throw more than 50-60 times without his shoulder hurting, our running game is in shambles, our backup QB's look like JV high school players, and we fumble the ball so much and throw so many interceptions, that you'd swear the players think the football is a bomb and they're trying to get rid of it."



At least, that's my current interpenetration of the :utard: offensive situation. It truly is offensive.
S
SpiffCoug
That's cause Wynn doesn't care. Heaps does. Heck, Riley Nelson at least plays the part and cares. He might be eccentric, but you can tell he cares about his team and being on it. I don't get the vibe that Wynn cares.



If the Utah coaches come out tomorrow and say we need to RS Wynn because he's still hurt, I don't think he'd care one iota.
U
Ungoy
I really do agree with you Spiff. I see absolutely no emotion from Wynn. He doesn't have that look of "Let's get this going! Football's here!" that I see from almost every player at BYU. It's always been the :utard: that plays with emotion, especially during the rivalry game. This year, I see BYU playing with emotion, and punching Utah in the mouth and stomping them into the ground. Utah will lose in Provo, and it won't be close. Utah may very well end the season with a losing record.
Advertisement
K
Kajdin
Honestly this BYU team scares me. They're got a confidence and swagger BYU usually doesn't have but most NC do every season.



They're attitude is almost "It's not if we when but by how much."
C
Cougs_Rule
I'd agree about the image. I wonder though if its part Chow's influence--slow joe crow after 30+ years not a lot of excitability. Then there's Wynn.

U's D won't lack for swagger. They know they will have to compensate. And that Dline is very legit.

As for Cougs, yes a lot of swagger.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Their (the Utes') DLine better be legit, because they're going to be on the field an awful lot because that offense is going to struggle putting together and sustaining drives.
K
Kajdin
My question is which is more legit. Our O-line or their D-Line?
V
vancouvercougar
Kajdin wrote:
My question is which is more legit. Our O-line or their D-Line?


We will find out in Sept, but I'd go with our O-line. There isn't much question about our D-line compared to the :utard: O-line.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think it's probably a push. And I give our OL the edge from the standpoint, that I think their DL will tire because I really don't think the Utes offense will be able to do much of anything against us. And their defense will be on the field a ton - and won't find near the same level of success.
S
Schmoe
Our O will keep their D on the field for long stretches, and a D-line isn't the same when their motors are run down.
S
snoscythe
Ty Detmer looked just like a paper boy.
S
SpiffCoug
snoscythe wrote:
Ty Detmer looked just like a paper boy.

But he didn't talk like the paper boy or compete like one. He cared.
U
Ungoy
SpiffCoug wrote:
Ty Detmer looked just like a paper boy.

But he didn't talk like the paper boy or compete like one. He cared.


And it showed, to the tune of 2 Davey O'Brien awards and a Heisman Trophy and some of the best BYU football you'll ever watch, among other things.
Advertisement
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
Ty Detmer looked just like a paper boy.


At least it was a paper BOY and not a paper GIRL.
H
HoosierCougar
hawkwing wrote:
Ty Detmer looked just like a paper boy.


At least it was a paper BOY and not a paper GIRL.


Ty Detmer also looks an awful lot like NBC Page Kenneth Parcell
B
blue42
Schmoe wrote:
Our O will keep their D on the field for long stretches, and a D-line isn't the same when their motors are run down.


I disagree, how long does it take to run a 60 yard Heaps to Apo play?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
SpiffCoug wrote:
Ty Detmer looked just like a paper boy.

But he didn't talk like the paper boy or compete like one. He cared.


He could pass, he could run, he could find all receivers.....



@1:52



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Px-z8LFac#t=112s



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Px-z8LFac#t=112s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U
Ungoy
Oh now Sno.... that brings back many memories! I used to love listening to the Tysman Rap!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.